December 5 | 2:00 p.m. ET
Join CLPHA's Housing Is Initiative and the National Center for Health in Public Housing (NCHPH) for a webinar on how improving health care access for people with disabilities!
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, up to 1 in 4 adults in the United States have some type of disability, and 1 in 5 of them did not have a routine check-up in the last year. Disability inclusion allows for people with disabilities to take advantage of the benefits of the same health promotion and prevention activities experienced by people who do not have a disability. Challenges to community integration for people with disabilities also need to be addressed through innovative integrated care programs in the community. Public Housing Authorities serve a concentrated number of individuals with disabilities among their residents, with 38% of public housing households and 46% of voucher households include an individual with a disability and so are uniquely poised to assist in facilitating health care access for people with disabilities. This webinar will explore health centers’ and public housing authorities' initiatives to improve access to primary care and address social determinants of health affecting people with disabilities. We are pleased that Wilson Kimball, President and CEO of the Municipal Housing Authority of City of Yonkers, a CLPHA member, will present on this webinar!
1. Describe the social and health needs of people with disabilities
2. Identify strategies to improve access to care for people with disabilities
3. Recognize programs addressing social determinants of health affecting people with disabilities
- Maranda Figueroa, Chief Development Officer, A New Leaf
- Ms. Wilson Kimball, President and CEO, Municipal Housing Authority of the City of Yonkers
- Michelle Garcia, Alivio Health Centers
- Jose Leon, MD, Chief Medical Officer, National Center for Health in Public Housing (NCHPH)