From the National Summer Learning Association (NSLA):
Please join us for a fun-filled and interactive morning of connection and peer exchange, co-sponsored by the Council of Large Public Housing Authorities (CLPHA). This event will precede NSLA's 2023 National Summer Learning Summit.
- Hear from national leaders including Aaron Dworkin, NSLA and Bonnie Howard, Campaign for Grade-Level Reading.
- Learn about the 2023 Campaign for Grade-Level Reading Housing Communities Honor Roll that recognizes strategies and tactics that leverage the resources of public and affordable housing agencies and organizations to advance seamless systems of coordinated and aligned care, services and family supports that are 24/7/365 and multigenerational.
- Engage with a panel of your peers from Atlanta, Georgia and Fresno, California, both Honor Roll Members, who will share how they are partnering with the school system to share and use data to set baselines and targets, track progress and promote accountability for outcomes (Atlanta) and intentionally addressing learning losses arising from the COVID-19 pandemic through digital literacy initiatives; broad connectivity projects; and device distributions and technical assistance (Fresno). Speakers include:
- Pamela Owunta & Ruby Jones, Atlanta Housing with Gerri Sims, Atlanta Public Schools
- Mary Helen Caggianelli & Lucinda Walls, Fresno Housing
- Engage in peer exchanges to consider and share your own best practices and experiences using and sharing data to enhance your summer learning program and implementing digital equity initiatives as part of your summer programming.
Enjoy Featured Events following the PLC convening on Mon, Oct 9:
- A Special Luncheon, focused on the Power of Partnerships featuring Kelly Leonard, Executive Director of Second City Improv
- An Education Town Hall: State of America’s Children October 9 @ 5:00pm
- NSLA’s Welcome Reception with delectable delights and joyful connections
To RSVP to attend NSLA's PLC for public and affordable housing leaders only, email Emily Samose at email@example.com. To register for NSLA's 2023 Summit, click here.
Also, join a special summit Learning Session with our colleagues from Columbus Metro Housing Authority and their partners at LIFESports at the Ohio State University: Housing Authority + University = Recipe for Summer Success (Tuesday, October 10, 2:30 - 3:45 pm ET).