Last Friday, HUD announced $7 million in Choice Neighborhoods Planning Grants to 14 communities across the country. Each awardee will receive a $500,000 grant to create a comprehensive neighborhood revitalization plan to redevelop severely distressed public housing, improve outcomes for residents, and bring new amenities to high-poverty neighborhoods.
Five CLPHA members and their local partners received planning grants:
- Elm City Communities: Union Square
- Orlando Housing Authority: West Lakes/Lake Mann
- Housing Authority of Kansas City: Westside
- Stark Metropolitan Housing Authority: Southeast Canton
- Oklahoma City Housing Authority: Stockyards/Rotary Park
For each community's grant project summary, click here. CLPHA congratulates our members on their awards and wishes them the best of luck in the planning process!