Thanks to all who joined our call last week on RAD’s prospects in an eventual FY 2018 appropriations bill. Here’s the download of the call and what you can do to advance RAD yet this year:
- The 3-month Continuing Resolution (CR) until December 15th allows some limited time to continue to press the case for eliminating the RAD cap with your Congressional reps. But pre-conferencing— and RAD decisions—are expected much sooner, so don’t delay.
- Ask your representative to express his/her support for the Senate THUD proposals for RAD directly to members of the House and Senate THUD appropriations committee. Lists of these committee members can be found on the Collaborative’s Actions web page. Urge House members to express their support directly to THUD Chairman Mario Diaz-Balart & Senate members directly to THUD Chairman Susan Collins. Also weigh in with these committees respective ranking members, Rep. David Price and Senator Jack Reed —including contacting their staff.
- Refer to RAD’s “proof-of-concept” to date and widespread resident support using recent RAD data here.
- PHAs still on the updated RAD waiting list should especially press the Senate’s RAD proposals with their representatives. See a list of all House members and their committee assignments with PHAs in their districts on the RAD waiting list on our Actions web page.
- And PHAs interested in RAD but not yet on the waiting list should immediately send a Letter of Interest to HUD! Building the waiting list is a proven way to see the RAD cap lifted.
- Underscore that Section 202/PRAC projects as proposed in both the House and Senate THUD bills be included under RAD’s 2nd component.
- Encourage Secretary Carson to talk with House & Senate leaders about the importance of advancing the Administration’s FY 2018 proposals for RAD.
Please keep at all these efforts to eliminate the RAD cap this year— and keep us informed your actions & conversations at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can do this!