Are you an experienced and skilled administrative assistant that is highly motivated and detail oriented while providing exceptional customer service? Do you have experience understanding and effectively communicating complex policies and procedures? Are you seeking an opportunity with a mission-driven organization where continuous work efforts are contributing to the greater good of your community? If so, you might be a good fit for our Voucher Specialist 2 position!
At the Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) we work closely with local governments and other community partners throughout Clark County to address issues of affordable housing and homelessness and help families break the cycle of poverty. We provide affordable housing and housing assistance to low-income residents in Clark County. The Voucher Specialist 2 works with VHA residents and new applicants to determine eligibility for various affordable housing vouchers.
Your skills and experience will support our mission as you:
• Review, determine eligibility, and administer vouchers of incoming and existing clientele, including ensuring waitlist draws are being done accurately and within department standards.
• Oversee and conduct voucher briefings. Present information to incoming tenants through printed material and spoken presentation.
• Create, review, and approve Requests for Tenancy Approvals (RFTA) and executes Housing Assistant Payments (HAP) contracts, leases, and addenda.
• Review and complete annual and interim recertification while assuring calculations, documents, and data entry are timely complete and accurate as required by VHA and HUD guidelines.
• Enforce program regulations and VHA policies using established procedures.
• Complete quality control reviews and Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspections as assigned.
• Respond independently and courteously to complex requests and issues from VHA employees, tenants, landlords and other business contacts. Communicate process and policies to tenants, landlords, and other housing authorities.
• Monitor and ensure target utilization for properties and produces reports for management and HUD as requested.
• Coordinate eligibility and occupancy functions with tax credit compliance staff.
Pay and Benefits
• The starting salary range is $3,670.00 to $4,037.00 per month based on experience. The full salary range is $3,670 to $5,273 per month.
• Full-time, non-exempt, union-represented position working 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
• Benefits package also includes 9.53% paid into WA PERS by employer, 12 company paid holidays, and generous paid time off accrual.
• Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
• High school diploma plus some higher-level education or vocational training specializing in office skills and/or housing related subjects.
• At least 4 years of directly related experience or equivalent required.
• Three years of customer service-related experience or clerical related experience.
• Ability to attain Section 8 Housing Specialist Certification within 1 year of hire.
• Demonstrated computer skills necessary to effectively complete duties.
• AA or BA in Social Service or related field strongly preferred.
• Previous housing experience desirable.
A cover letter and resume are required when applying for this position. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.vhausa.com. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.
To apply, please visit:
Then click APPLY NOW to start your application