Are you looking for an opportunity to support your community by using your social service experience and skills? Are you familiar with local, state, and federal assistance programs and resources? Do you have experience assessing participant needs and connecting them to resources? If so, then you might be a good fit for our Supportive Housing Service Coordinator 2 position!
At the Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) we work closely with local governments and other community partners throughout Clark County to address issues of affordable housing and homelessness and help families break the cycle of poverty. We provide affordable housing and housing assistance to low-income residents in Clark County. The Supportive Housing Service Coordinator 2 links residents to supportive services provided by public agencies or private practitioners within the general community and practices assertive engagement to assess service needs and provides referral assistance. This position generally, specializes in one area of service (e.g., People exiting homelessness).
Your skills and experience will support our mission as you:
• Provides general case management including intake and resource connection for all residents needing such assistance with appropriate agencies and service providers in the community. (e.g., case management, personal assistance, transportation, counseling, preventive health screening/wellness, parenting classes, credit counseling, and legal advocacy).
• Meets all assigned program requirement including reporting, tracking, administrative functions, and educational requirements (CEU’s).
• Educates residents on service availability, application procedures, resident rights and monitors the ongoing provision of services while keeping the case management and provider agency current regarding the progress of the individual, as needed. Helps residents build informal support networks with volunteers and/or other residents, family, and friends.
• Facilitate team meeting with service providers to practice collaborative problem solving as needed.
• Provides training to residents in the obligations of tenancy or coordinate such training.
• Educates other staff on the issues related to area of specialty to help them to better work with and assist the residents.
Pay and Benefits
• The starting salary range for this position is $3,670 to $4,037 per month based on experience. The full salary range for this position is $3,670 to $5,273 per month.
• Full-time, non-exempt, union-represented position working 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
• Benefits package also includes 9.53% paid into WA PERS by employer, 12 company paid holidays, and generous paid time off and separate sick time accrual.
• Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
• BA in Social Service or related field plus at least 2 years of direct service experience working with populations experiencing homelessness.
• Experience and/or training working with mental health diagnoses, drug and alcohol dependency issues, and/or co-occurring disorders.
• Experience and/or training in the legal liability issues relating to providing services coordination, drug and alcohol use, as well as mental health issues.
• Valid driver’s license and fewer than 3 moving violations within the last 3 years.
A cover letter and resume are required when applying for this position. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.vhausa.com. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.
To apply, please visit:
Then click APPLY NOW to start your application