Job Title: Resident Services Specialist
Department: Office of the CHO
Reports To: Resident Services Manager
Deadline Date: Open Until Filled
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Company Information: The COVID-19 pandemic has challenged Dothan Housing (DH) to create a different platform for sustainability by “thinking outside of the box” by becoming a housing authority of the future. This was done through its digital transformation initiative. Whereas, DH has answered the challenge of evolution through transformational leadership and acknowledging the paradigm shift of public housing authorities (PHAs) of doing more with less, moving from paper to the cloud, and streamlining its operations through technology by embracing an online platform. DH has also implemented a modern-day leadership approach focused on creating a high-value organizational culture built on trust, getting the right people on the team, and coaching that team to greatness to meet key performance indicators (KPIs) that will ultimately increase its overall productivity. DH offers remote, flexible, and hybrid work environment so that its employees can work from locations other than the office. DH’s new business model has enhanced its efforts to attract, recruit, and retain an articulate, talented, and diverse workforce of the best and the brightest in the affordable housing industry.
Position Summary: As a Moving to Work (MTW) Expansion Agency under the Landlord Incentives Cohort #3, this position reports to the Resident Services Manager. The Resident Services Specialist provides case management and outreach, conducts household assessments, and makes referrals to address family and/or individual needs. Outreach, assessments, and referrals will promote resident stability, independence, health, and self-sufficiency for residents who reside in public housing, housing choice voucher, or tax credit units. The Resident Services Specialist promotes safe living environments and encourages the community’s growth to better meet the needs of individual residents in housing communities by increasing access to resources and facilitating self-advocacy.
Required Education/ Experience:
- An associate’s degree and/or three (3) years of demonstrated case management experience in social services or similar experience.
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree and/or two years of demonstrated case management experience in social services or similar experience.
- Two (2) years of experience working with resident services.
- Has the ability to express yourself clearly and concisely, orally and in writing. Has the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with others. Has the ability to plan, develop and coordinate the analysis of policy and policy revision as policy relates to housing law and regulation.
- The ability to meet timelines and target dates with complete and accurate reporting.