The Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) seeks an executive search firm to assist with any executive team recruitment needs the VHA may have in the next three years so that VHA can move quickly should any vacancies occur. The VHA’s executive team consists of a Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Real Estate Officer, Chief Administrative Officer, and Chief Financial Officer.
VHA provides affordable housing programs in Clark County WA that include Section 8 rental subsidy, property ownership and/or management of multi-family developments that include mixed income, senior independent and assisted living, permanent supportive housing, and shelter facilities. VHA is a Move to Work agency that is a HUD designation that permits the VHA to develop local non-traditional programs. VHA is also the administrative entity for four (4) nonprofits that VHA was instrumental in their development. VHA has a six (6) member Board of Commissioners appointed by the City of Vancouver. VHA is a public entity and employs over 150 individuals. VHA’s annual budget is more than $100m. VHA’s mission statement is to provide opportunities to people who experience barriers to housing because of income, disability or special needs in an environment which preserves personal dignity, and in a manner which maintains the public trust.
Scope of Services
- Work with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders (if applicable) to develop a position profile and outreach plan.
- Assist the hiring group develop selection criteria based on the position profile and job description.
- Identify a diverse pool of applicants.
- Screen candidates.
- Support and assist the hiring group with interviews.
Proposal Guidelines and Requirements
Respondents to the RFP will be evaluated according to the details in this section.
1) Statement of Qualifications/Technical Proposal: (80 Points Max) The proposalshould describe the respondent’s experience providing the services listed in the Scope of Services section. This section will be scored according to the following:
- Coverletter,resume/s of key individuals who willsupport the project (10 Points)
- Description of experience providing executive search services to government entities and/or nonprofits (25 Points)
- Description of approach to how the respondent will provide the services listed in the Scope of Services, as well as how the respondent will be successful in the execution of these services. (35 Points)
- Three references including: name, contact information and type of engagement (10 Points)
Total 80 Points
2) Fee Proposal (20 Points Max) Provide a fee proposal aligned with the Scope of Services. If fee proposal is hourly or set amount, include any inflation factor for work conducted in the second or third year
All proposals will be reviewed by VHA staff. Submission of a proposal in response to this RFP reflects permission by the respondent for VHA to make inquiries regarding the capacity of the respondent for this task. Any agreementthat would be entered into as a result ofselection based on this RFP being selected by VHA would be governed through a contract from VHA
Responsesto this RFP are due on June 9, by 5:00 p.m. email a PDF of all documentsto: Natasha Douglas email@example.com
Small Business Enterprises, Minority-Owned Business Enterprises, and Women-Owned Business Enterprises
VHA is committed to working with Small Business Enterprises (SBEs), Minority-Owned Business Enterprises (MBEs), and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (WBEs). VHA encourages submissions from SBEs, MBEs, and WBEs.
Intellectual Property. Any reports or other deliverables produced pursuant to a scope of work or contract will be the sole property of VHA. Page 3 of 4 Compliance with Laws: Consultant shall comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and Ordinancesrelating to the performance of the Services, including but not limited to any licensure and registration requirements.