Tacoma Housing Authority (THA) provides high quality, stable and sustainable housing, and supportive services to people in need. It does this in ways that help them prosper and help our communities become safe, vibrant, prosperous, attractive, and just.
We value the diversity of our staff. It makes us stronger and more effective. Service, Integrity, Stewardship, Communication, Collegial Support and Respect, Excellence and Leadership are all values of THA.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Property Accounting Manager supports Tacoma Housing Authority’s (THA’s) strategic and operational objectives in the following way: coordinates and provides high quality financial, administrative and technical services for its tax credit projects and any other special development projects assigned. The position coordinates and performs budgetary and financial accounting functions in support of the tax credit projects and other special development projects. This includes organizing, developing, directing, and integrating all associated financial matters in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and other federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations pertaining to Housing Authority accounting operations. In addition, this position ensures financial information is recorded and presented in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Housing Authority operating policies and procedures, and agreements with lenders, investors, and regulatory partners.
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required, preferably in accounting, liberal arts, or equivalent experience.
- Five+ years’ experience in progressively responsible accounting or finance position(s).
- Three to five years’ experience in property accounting. Direct experience with Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) partnerships is preferred.
- Or: In place of the above requirements, the incumbent may possess a combination of relevant education and experience that would demonstrate the individual's knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Depending upon assignment a WA driver’s license with acceptable driving record and auto insurance may be required.
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
THA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
We provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees that can perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. If you require reasonable accommodation, please direct your inquiry to the Human Resources Department at (253) 207-4403 for assistance. We ask for at least 24 hours advance notice when possible.
Position is open until filled. First consideration is given to applications received by March 9, 2023.