ABOUT US: Boston Housing Authority (BHA) provides quality affordable housing for low-income families and individuals through the public housing and Section 8 rental assistance programs. BHA serves more than 58,000 of Boston's most vulnerable residents — including elderly, disabled, children and low-income families from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences. We foster vital communities that are essential to the city of Boston's economic diversity and way of life. As the largest housing provider in Boston, we bring stability, opportunity, and peace of mind not only to the thousands of low-income families we support, but to the city as a whole.
ABOUT THE JOB: Under the supervision of the Director and/or Assistant Director of Capital Construction Department, the Project Manager acts as the owner's representative in small and large ($1 $15 million) capital improvement projects. The Project Manager is responsible for assessing scope of project, planning architectural and engineering contracts as well as managing construction contracts. Projects are to be completed within schedule and budget while monitoring the highest level of design and construction quality possible. Looking for a candidate with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management, or Construction Management and a minimum of 8 years' of relevant experience. Knowledge of Massachusetts' construction regulations (especially Chapter 149 regulation) and generally accepted construction and trade practices is a necessity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help identify and prioritize needs for capital improvements at BHA family and elderly developments; commission investigative studies as needed.
- Assess and review scope of project with senior staff, estimate the cost of
Architectural/Engineering (AE) services as well as estimated construction costs.
- Prepare Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for AE contracts and manage the designer selection process for consultants and/or act as liaison to the state Designer Selection Board.
- Propose and manage project budget and schedule; resolve conflicts and issues in a highly professional manner.
- Reviews architectural and engineering plans, specifications, and cost estimates for accuracy, completeness and appropriateness.
- Manages public bidding process per MGL Ch. 149 and MGL Ch. 30 and review/recommend all construction contract awards.
- Administer construction contracts, monitor progress; review and approve change orders; and review and approve payments to ensure correctness, availability of funds, and conformance with funding agency requirements.
- Serves as liaison to senior staff, property managers, regulatory officials, and other outside interests; meet with residents as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Facilities or Construction Management is required plus 8+ years of progressive work experience; or in lieu of a degree at least 10 years of progressive work experience managing million dollar capital construction projects as an owner's representative. Knowledge of Massachusetts' construction regulations and generally accepted construction and trade practices is necessary. Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills required. Proficiency in word-processing and spreadsheet applications strongly preferred. Minority and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
BHA BENEFITS: BHA's generous benefits package includes 14 paid Holidays, 4 Personal Days, 3 week of vacation, 3 weeks of paid sick leave, participation in the City's pension plan, and healthcare through the Commonwealth, and much more. Do not require City of Boston residency.
Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing your qualification. No phone calls or letters. Deadline: Monday, June 5, 2023. Send your information to jobsAbostonhousinq.orq. Please be sure to identify the position you are applying for