World at Abt
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable and sustainable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges. We are a team of 4,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment and energy do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game. To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and freedom. We’ll enable your entrepreneurial spirit to design your work as you deem fit, balancing your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
Abt Associates seeks a Senior Associate in our Social & Economic Policy Division to bring subject matter expertise, and to design and lead Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funded technical assistance (TA) projects related to housing and community development planning and programs.
This position will have a specific focus on helping public housing authorities administer their programs to ensure compliance with HUD and other crosscutting regulations as well as implement best practices to improve program utilization and enhance equity. This position will assist TA recipients with HCVs and special purpose vouchers, including VASH, TPV, EHV, Mainstream, NED, and FUP; PHA operations, including asset management and repositioning (RAD, redevelopment, PBV); and other TA needs including financial management, reporting, and monitoring events.
Job responsibilities include:
- Working cooperatively with agencies to assess TA needs, develop and implement capacity building strategies to improve their efforts, and evaluate impact.
- Developing training curriculums, using virtual and in person modalities, to expand the knowledge and skills of TA recipients.
- Designing tools and guidance to be applied within specific engagements as well as shared nationally via HUD Exchange, including fact sheets, guidebooks, videos, and interactive tools.
- Facilitating knowledge sharing to promote cross-learning within Abt and externally.
The position also requires the ability to manage budgets, project deliverables, and timelines; build and maintain relationships with government clients and TA recipients; manage and coordinate teams; work with diverse populations; mentor and provide technical guidance to other staff; exercise initiative and lead innovation in the field; and communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and partners. Candidates must be willing to work independently at times, taking full ownership of assigned tasks, and collaboratively at other times, working with a small team of TA providers and/or clients to successfully execute assignments. Candidates must be comfortable with telework technologies and work styles, since the candidate would be working with colleagues and TA recipients located throughout the country. Site travel may be required.
What We Value
- Candidates must demonstrate deep knowledge of housing voucher programs and PHA administration, such as through experience successfully leading work at a PHA as a manager, director or equivalent or experience with developing and conducting trainings on PHA and voucher management.
- In addition to public housing and voucher expertise, successful candidates will have strong knowledge of one or more of the following HUD programs and cross-cutting requirements: Fair Housing, ROSS, FSS, CDBG, HOME and homeless programs. Candidates should have practical knowledge of program regulations and compliant implementation. Alternatively, successful candidates will have interest and ability to contribute to research projects in Abt’s Housing and Asset Building practice area.
- Experience facilitating community-level equity and inclusion work to identify disparities and support planning processes focused on advancing equity.
- Demonstrated ability to design holistic, systems-level strategies using data-informed thinking and community input.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, Abt staff and other TA provider staff, and HUD grantees and their constituents.
- Knowledge of how local housing and community development needs disproportionately impact Black, Indigenous and People of Color and other marginalized populations and the ability to support communities in deeply probing these disparities and developing planning processes focused on advancing equity in housing programs and systems.
- Experience with centering the experience of multiple perspectives, including communities of color and of people with lived experience of poverty in planning, decision-making and implementation processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience. Candidates may substitute relevant experience for degree credentials. If you are interested in and passionate about the work described in this posting, we strongly encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet 100% of the listed qualifications.
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits, flexible schedules, and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of approximately $105,120.07 to $168,192.11 and may vary by ten percent depending on candidate geographic location. Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Link to Application: https://egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/JoinAbt/job/104373/?utm_medium=jobshare