The primary purpose of this position is to support systems, policies, procedures, and practices pertaining to the Low Income Public Housing (LIPH) and Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Programs. The incumbent will review tenant files, confirm that documentation is valid and compliant, verify subsidy calculations, and maintain databases and reports. The incumbent will also be responsible for documenting and reporting findings.
All activities must support the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (“HACP” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Assists with the design, development, and execution of a comprehensive program to review systems, policies, procedures and practices within all HACP departments to include file compliance within the HCV and LIPH department to determine compliance with internal and external regulations and policies.
- Assists with the development of tools and systems to evaluate and measure performance and outcomes.
- Explains evaluation methods and processes to department staff members and other Authority employees; answers staff questions regarding the evaluation process.
- Assesses the effectiveness of performance and identifies methods to change results.
- Prepares and produces reports, presentations, and detailed documentation of findings.
- Conducts research and keeps superiors abreast of results.
- Provides detailed summary analysis.
- Provides technical assistance on Compliance Issues
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in business, public administration, or related field required and a minimum of 2 years professional experience conducting audits and implementing performance measurement systems. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and be insurable under the Authority’s plan.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook). Must have the ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; and attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employees must have access to 24 hour reliable internet service. Employees must also have reliable transportation to and from work, as well as, to get to and from multiple HACP locations based on business needs and assignments.
The Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (HACP) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.