Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Business Partner
Department: Office of the COO
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Company Information: The COVID-19 pandemic has challenged Dothan Housing (DH) to create a different platform for sustainability by “thinking outside of the box” by becoming a housing authority of the future. This was done through its digital transformation initiative. Whereas, DH has answered the challenge of evolution through transformational leadership and acknowledging the paradigm shift of public housing authorities (PHAs) of doing more with less, moving from paper to the cloud, and streamlining its operations through technology by embracing an online platform. DH has also implemented a modern-day leadership approach focused on creating a high-value organizational culture built on trust, getting the right people on the team, and coaching that team to greatness to meet key performance indicators (KPIs) that will ultimately increase its overall productivity. DH offers remote, flexible, and hybrid work environment so that its employees can work from locations other than the office. DH’s new business model has enhanced its efforts to attract, recruit, and retain an articulate, talented, and diverse workforce of the best and the brightest in the affordable housing industry.
Position Summary: As a Moving to Work (MTW) Expansion Agency under the Landlord Incentives Cohort #3, this position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The Human Resources (HR) Business Partner supports the people strategy of Dothan Housing (DH) and its instrumentalities. The HR Business Partner partners with the C-Suite to implement HR initiatives. The incumbent will balance managing the day-to-day HR administrative tasks, including ensuring regulatory compliance with project-based work that touches all facets of the employee life cycle.
The HR Business Partner assists the C-Suite and mid-management with implementing the human resource agenda of the organization's overall business plan and strategic direction. This position plays a significant role in helping DH and its instrumentalities meet key performance indicators (KPIs) to increase overall productivity and staff performance. This position leads the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DEIB) initiative for DH and its instrumentalities. The HR Business Partner also helps drive the Organizational Culture, Training, & Technology Goals & Success Indicators of the three-year strategic plan, Purpose 2025: FY2022-2024.
Required Education/ Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational development, public administration, business administration, or human services from an accredited university with one year of related experience.
- Prefer a master’s degree in human resources, organizational development, public administration, business administration, or human services from an accredited university or equivalent experience with an HR certification.
- Experiences with the required degree must include working for a Moving to Work (MTW) Expansion Public Housing Authority (PHA) or in a public or non-profit organization, human resources, and community building/economic development, preferably in low-income communities.
- Proficiency with HRIS, benefits, & payroll systems.
- Must be certified in Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) within one year of employment.