The primary purpose of this position is to provide case management to Section 8 participants by processing required forms and documentation. The incumbent serves as the primary contact for all client interaction with HCVP, verifying that all completed processes are in compliance with HACP and HUD regulations, and resolving customer complaints when necessary.
All activities must support the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (“HACP” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Serves as primary contact for all client communication with the HCVP department.
- Accurately enters relevant information to complete all required documents for Section 8 participants. Verifies that all paperwork and processes are in compliance with HACP and HUD regulations.
- Reports any negative conditions that affect customer satisfaction. Recommends solutions and troubleshoots problems to ensure quality customer service.
- Completes all tasks relating to the processing of Section 8 participant files including, but not limited to: Voucher Issuance, Lease-Up, Initial Certification, Annual Certification, Interim Certification, Move-in, Move-Out, End of Participation.
- File and maintains appropriate records and documents of Section 8 participants.
- Enters and updates information in database in accordance with HUD and HACP requirements.
- Submits, monitors and corrects all submitted HUD-50058 errors in accordance with HUD regulations and HACP policies.
- Issues RFTA forms with voucher. Receives and processes RFTA, then uses information to prepare leases and contracts.
- Refers customers with other needs to supportive service departments.
- Communicates with applicants, tenants, landlords, owners, and vendors when necessary.
- Documents customer inquiries or complaints. As applicable, resolves or elevates issue is a timely manner.
- Assists staff members in determining on-the-job working procedures and in resolving problems of the assignment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years’ experience in case management or customer service. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook). Must have the ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks.
Experience In Elite Emphasys software is preferred .
The employee must receive a “Pass” rating on all trainings/examinations required for the employee (as identified by the HR Director, HCV Director or designee).
- Probationary Period: Trainings/examinations required during probationary period must be successfully completed having received a “Pass” rating prior to the end of the probationary period. If the employee does not receive a “Pass” rating on the first attempt, they may be afforded one additional attempt to receive a “Pass” rating. Failure to receive a “Pass” rating for any training may result in employment separation.
- General Trainings: Trainings/examinations identified as required during employment at HACP must be completed successfully with a “Pass” rating. The employee must receive a “Pass” rating on any training/examination taken within six (6) months of the training. Failure to receive a “Pass” rating for any training may result in employment separation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; and attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees must have access to 24 hour reliable internet service. Employees must also have reliable transportation to and from work, as well as, to get to and from multiple HACP locations based on business needs and assignments.
Office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (HACP) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.