Application Deadline: Jul 26, 2023 at 5pm EST.
The Housing Compliance Coordinator position will assist the Housing Program Manager and serve as the secondary point of contact for housing developers seeking assistance or other support from the City. The incumbent will assist with the implementation of the Affordable Housing Plan, ensuring compliance with the City’s Inclusionary Zoning provisions, Affordable Housing Plan, proffers, agreement terms, and relevant state, federal regulations, and codes related to housing. This position is also responsible for the compliance, monitoring and tracking of housing related projects. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Housing Program Manager. Supervision may be exercised over subordinate technical and clerical personnel. Primarily and most frequently the work done here is performed independently, with diverse functional areas and more specialization.
The preferred hiring range for this position is between $50,551.55 - $70,791.99 annually. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, exempt, position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays plus 1 floating holiday, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City's retirement options, gym membership reimbursement, and continuing education/training opportunities.
- Assists in the implementation of the Affordable Housing Plan and enforcement of the Inclusionary Zoning provisions.
- Participates in the monitoring of the City’s affordable housing programs and compliance/enforcement activities.
- Performs field inspections of existing and new building construction.
- Makes reports and keeps records regarding inspections.
- Monitors and tracks affordability periods and completion of housing units, and monitors compliance of programs for housing projects within the City of Charlottesville.
- Serves as the secondary point of contact for housing developers seeking assistance or other related support from the City.
- Serves on Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) review and selection committees as requested.
- Participates in the identification, research, planning, development, and implementation of existing, new and/or modified programs/policies/ordinances that would promote and enhance goals and objectives of the City related to developing or preserving affordable/workforce housing.
- Tracks Supported Affordable Dwelling Units and compliance with Affordable Housing Plan and Inclusionary Zoning provisions; maintains related data and prepares related reports.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations for the City Council, City Manager, and others as necessary.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; keeps informed of new trends and innovations related to the affordable housing field.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Policy Studies, Finance, Urban Planning, Architecture Real Estate Development, Construction Management, or closely related field AND at least two (2) year of experience in the building construction trades and/or building inspections, government housing programs, affordable housing development, or similar area;
- OR An Associate’s Degree, 60 or more college credits, or a Technical/Vocational School Degree in closely related field AND at least three (3) years of experience in the building construction trades and/or building inspections, government housing programs, affordable housing development, or similar area;
- OR any combination of education, experience, and training which would confer equivalent knowledge and ability.
- Possession of a valid, appropriate driver’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.