SUMMARY: The Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) Data Analyst provides analytic support in the areas of data management, documentation, and analysis to support the Division of Rental Assistance’s federally funded voucher programs. This position plays a primary role in responding to data requests from Division staff, other divisions within FWHS, legislative staff and advocates. The incumbent possesses a solid understanding of rental assistance programs to understand the relevant data points to respond to policy questions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
Data Analysis, Research & Evaluation:
- Assists the Operations with data analysis and program evaluation projects, in consultation with Division of Rental Assistance (DRA) staff and partners.
- Works with the Compliance and Performance Analyst and other DRA staff to identify and build datasets and reports that can be used to establish program benchmarks in order to monitor federal program performance. This may involve both quantitative and qualitative research methods, for example, regression analysis of administrative data or interviews of program participants.
- Stays informed and knowledgeable about U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) data standards and requirements for Rental Assistance programs and makes recommendations for enhancements or changes in software or data collection in order to continue to meet federal reporting requirements.
- Supports expansion of the Division’s data analytics and research capabilities, focusing on federal programs. This may include the implementation of business intelligence and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping tools.
- Designs, builds, and runs regular and ad hoc reports to analyze policy implications and program performance.
- Develops canned reports within FWHS's data systems for general use by FWHS and Regional Administering Agency (RAA) staff.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for customized reports from FWHS staff and stakeholders.
- Ensures that FWHS's Federal data is well-organized, accurate and verified, and accessible at all times.
- Supports the Division in managing, maintaining, and ensuring accuracy of all federal program data and producing reports, visualizations and/or presentations that drive policy and program development.
Technology & Training:
- Works closely with Division staff to provide data-related technical assistance to FWHS programs and coordinates with software vendors, as necessary.
- Maintains SQL access to the database for purpose of data analyses and creating dashboards and provides technical support for information systems used by the Division staff.
- Helps ensure the Division’s information technology meets HUD systems' requirements for compliance in the Section 8 Public and related reporting systems including federal or state programs.
- Coordinates with colleagues to expand their capacity in using data to monitor and improve their respective programs.
- Works with Department staff to use the software to monitor the Department’s compliance with HUD systems.
- Assists in identifying, procuring, and managing additional reporting and data analytics tools that may be needed to effectively administer, evaluate, and improve our programs.
- Attends training programs and obtains certifications as requested by Supervisor, in order to keep current with all HCV and Moving to Work (MTW) subjects and Information Technology related materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND LICENSING:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher with a major in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a current Texas Driver’s License, have a driving record in good standing, and be eligible for coverage under FWHS’s fleet vehicle insurance policy.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum two (2) years of professional or technical experience performing related duties that include business data recovery, analysis, query design, reporting and statistical analysis, or any equivalent combination of the required experience and the education.
- Experience with housing and/or rental assistance programs.
- Strong analytical capabilities and demonstrated experience with data analysis and presenting of findings.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment and maintain harmonious working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing in English, with attention to detail and thoroughness for program evaluation and follow-up.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team setting.
- Ability to provide guidance to diverse groups and elicit support and cooperation.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
- Experience with any of the following is preferred: APIs, MySQL, GIS Mapping (ArcGIS), and Business Intelligence Tools (Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, etc.), statistical analysis software (Stata, etc.).
- Knowledge of HUD systems including Public and Indian Housing Information Center (PIC), Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) and Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) and/or voucher management software (especially WinTen2+) preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have Extensive experience with Microsoft Office applications including at least intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Adept at learning new applications, computer software programs as required by assigned tasks quickly.
Thank you for your interest in job opportunities with Fort Worth Housing Solutions. All applications for open posted positions must be submitted via on-line at www.fwhs.org. We encourage you to visit our website often to view and apply for vacant positions with the agency