documentation, and analysis to support the Division of Rental Assistance’s federally funded voucher programs. This position plays a primary role in responding to data requests from Division staff, other divisions within FWHS, legislative staff and advocates. The incumbent possesses a solid understanding of rental assistance programs to understand the relevant data points to respond to policy questions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Data Analysis, Research & Evaluation:
• Assists the Operations with data analysis and program evaluation projects, in consultation with Division of Rental Assistance (DRA) staff and partners.
• Works with the Compliance and Performance Analyst and other DRA staff to identify and build datasets and reports that can be used to establish program benchmarks in order to monitor federal program performance. This may involve both quantitative and qualitative research methods, for example, regression analysis of administrative data or interviews of program participants.
• Stays informed and knowledgeable about U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) data standards and requirements for Rental Assistance programs and makes recommendations for enhancements or changes in software or data collection in order to continue to meet federal reporting requirements.
• Supports expansion of the Division’s data analytics and research capabilities, focusing on federal programs. This may include the implementation of business intelligence and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping tools.
2. Accurate Reporting:
• Designs, builds, and runs regular and ad hoc reports to analyze policy implications and program performance.
• Develops canned reports within FWHS's data systems for general use by FWHS and Regional Administering Agency (RAA) staff.
• Responds to ad hoc requests for customized reports from FWHS staff and stakeholders.
• Ensures that FWHS's Federal data is well-organized, accurate and verified, and accessible at all times.
• Supports the Division in managing, maintaining, and ensuring accuracy of all federal program data and producing reports, visualizations and/or presentations that drive policy and program development.
FORT WORTH HOUSING SOLUTIONS JOB DESCRIPTION
Revision (see below)
Position Title: Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP)
VP or designee
Supervisor: SVP/Deputy Director
Department: Housing Operations & Client Services
Director Human Resources
Change of title
Effective Date: April 2023
Other (Please specify)
2 Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) Data Analyst
3. Technology & Training:
• Works closely with Division staff and the Regional Administering Agency (RAA’s) to provide data-related technical assistance to FWHS programs and coordinates with software vendors, as necessary.
• Maintains SQL access to the database for purpose of data analyses and creating dashboards and provides technical support for information systems used by the Division staff and RAAs.
• Helps ensure the Division’s information technology meets HUD systems' requirements for compliance in the Section 8 Public and Indian Housing Information Center (PIC) and related reporting systems including federal or state programs.
• Coordinates with colleagues to expand their capacity in using data to monitor and improve their respective programs.
• Works with Department staff to use the software to monitor RAA performance and the Department’s compliance with HUD systems.
• Assists in identifying, procuring, and managing additional reporting and data analytics tools that may be needed to effectively administer, evaluate, and improve our programs.
• Attends training programs and obtains certifications as requested by Supervisor, in order to keep current with all federal Section 8 HCV and Moving to Work (MTW) subjects and Information Technology related materials.
4. Occasional travel throughout the Commonwealth may be required for training and in maintaining on-site presence with RAAs.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND LICENSING:
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher with a major in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a current Texas Driver’s License, have a driving record in good standing, and be eligible for coverage under FWHS’s fleet vehicle insurance policy
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum two (2) years of professional or technical experience performing related duties that include business data recovery, analysis, query design, reporting and statistical analysis, or any equivalent combination of the required experience and the education.
• Experience with housing and/or rental assistance programs.
• Strong analytical capabilities and demonstrated experience with data analysis and presenting of findings.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to exercise sound independent judgment and maintain harmonious working relationships.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing in English, with attention to detail and thoroughness for program evaluation and follow-up.
• Ability to take initiative, work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team setting.
• Ability to provide guidance to diverse groups and elicit support and cooperation.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.