(Albany Housing Authority)
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant assists the Executive Director with all special projects, performing secretarial and administrative duties as required. The Executive Assistant to the Executive Director is privy to all such decisions and correspondence before they are publicly announced or even before the decisions are actually formed. Thus, essential to this position is the confidentiality of the work performed and the ability to establish and maintain working relationships with any internal or external contacts of the Albany Housing Authority.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: (Illustrative Only)
• Assists the Executive Director with all special projects;
• Performs a wide range of clerical, secretarial and administrative tasks and activities;
• Plans, coordinates and maintains physical and electronic records for the Executive Director;
• Maintains the Executive Director’s confidential files;
• Handles the Executive Director’s calendar;
• Schedules the Executive Director’s appointments;
• Prepares correspondence for the Director relative to appointments and invitations to various functions;
• Secures information relative to appointments- time and location and the Executive Director’s role at the event;
• Prepares files for daily appointments, records all appointments on calendar and handles the Executive Director’s phone messages;
• Works with correspondence of a confidential nature.
• Enters and retrieves information in an automated information system;
• Performs related work as required.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
• Expert knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, database software applications including all aspects of Microsoft 365, Outlook and Teams;
• Proficient knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation;
• Competent ability to maintain records in a concise and organized manner;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and diverse populations;
• Ability to understand and follow moderately complex oral and written directions;
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions;
• Thorough ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Good judgment;
• Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Three (3) years’ experience in public contact work or in public relations.
Interested candidates should submit completed applications and resumes directly to:
AHA Career Center:
Or in person at
200 South Pearl Street
Albany, NY 12202
Attn: Human Resources