Do you have a passion for policy or creating accessible housing for all? We have a great opportunity for you to make an impact as the Director of Policy and Planning. This role serves as an influential leader internally, at the state, regional, and national level in advocating for affordable housing.
In this position the Director of Policy and Planning is leveraging their communication skills to connect and influence constituents and stakeholders at every level by being values driven to align strategic priorities with the creation of thoughtful, user-friendly policy analysis and development that supports long-term planning.
As a senior member of leadership this position serves as both a support to internal operating groups in the development and implementation of policy as well as sitting at policy-setting tables to inform partners on affordable housing-related matters.
Some essential job functions of this position include:
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive policy and planning function that advances the strategic priorities of Home Forward.
- Collaborate with executive staff to lead the development of strategic and business planning activities; manage the ongoing reporting processes for such.
- Oversee the development of the annual MTW plan and the annual MTW report for the agency. Serve as the primary point of contact with HUD for MTW-related matters.
- Track the development and issuance of federal HUD, state and local policies, rules, and legislation relevant to Home Forward; provide assessment and analysis of potential impacts and advise senior management on implementation strategies as needed.
- Participate as a member of Home Forward’s senior management team; support efforts to fulfill strategic and operational objectives, and advance the agency’s mission and values.
To see the full position description: CLICK HERE.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
To protect the health of the community and employees, effective November 19, 2021, Home Forward requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption as a qualification of employment.
Home Forward provides wonderful and competitive benefits, including (please see the benefits tab for full details):
- Generous medical, dental, vision, prescription, and mental health benefits. Employees only need to cover 11% of the cost regardless of plan option!
- Employer Sponsored Time Effective January 1, 2023, employees normally scheduled to work a full FTE (40 hours per week) are eligible for 2.5 hours of Employer Sponsored Time (EST) per week. This will reduce the work week to 37.5 without a reduction in pay or accruals.
- Long-Term Savings & Retirement is important for financial wellness and closing the wealth gap. We contribute 12% into each employee’s PERS/OPSRP pension plan as well as contributing a $750 match to your deferred compensation/457b plan each year.
- 16 Paid Holidays! Over three weeks in paid holidays, which includes 4-days of organizational rest.
- Home Office & Internet Stipends We are a hybrid organization and set-up our folks for success! Each new employee will receive a $250 home office set-up stipend, and $150 annually there-after. Plus, we contribute to your internet expenses too.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact in your community, and establish a great career with an organization that cares about its employees. Please apply today and visit our website at https://www.homeforward.org/.
Please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hapdx?page=1 to apply. This position will close Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 11:59 pm.