SUMMARY: Under supervision of the Vice President of Finance and Administration, the Director of Information Technology (IT) coordinates with the activities of the Information Technology Services Department to meet FWHS operational goals and objectives; prioritizes and monitors operational performance and strategically plans and executes upgrades and connectivity to IT systems, directs and manages team to successfully execute plans and complete goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Partners with executive team leadership to provide strategic direction to FWHS for efficient and secure operation of FWHS software, including but not limited to Emphasys, Paycor, Microsoft 365, HUD System’s, cloud-based network and related programs and operations.
- Responsible for the transition, integration, implementation, and documentation of Yardi Voyager and ancillary Yardi products.
- Develops internal team training materials for standardization & comprehensiveness for all software and systems.
- Manages the development and delivery of IT standards, best practices, system architecture and information system security across the Agency.
- Performs information technology risk management functions to determine or identify potential vulnerabilities within the organization’s technology and infrastructure, develops and implements security strategies based on findings.
- Ensures organization-wide compliance with cybersecurity standards and regulations.
- Provides change recommendations to policies and procedures based on risk assessment audits, research, and best practices.
- Recommends modifications and upgrades to technology systems to ensure efficient operations and maximize technology opportunities.
- Leads and coordinates the acquisition and maintenance of IT infrastructure hosted in house and the cloud.
- Stays current on technology requirements, best practices and opportunities with a mindset of continuous improvement and connectivity within the agency and for the clients it serves; makes recommendations to executive team for improvements, upgrades and initiatives including plans for facilitation.
- Responsible for development of department and special project budgets, fiscal accountability, and reporting and financial analysis for costs; and monthly operational and financial data.
- Maintains and tracks employee-issued hardware, software licenses, and file permissions.
- Effectively communicates processes and systems, including orientation and training, and problem-solving strategies within the agency and with external agencies and vendors.
- Provides leadership, motivation, coaching, professional development, and day-to-day support to the IT department while fostering an engaged work environment with a focus on customer service.
- Promotes an efficient and productive work environment, development and training of department staff by creating timelines and budgets for project facilitation that ensure efficient execution of agency operations and special projects; establishes internal tools to monitor and maintain performance and achievement of FWHS goals.
- Interacts with vendors as needed for IT operations.
- Handles questions and inquiries relating to hardware problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, or a related field
- Eight (8) years of information technology experience, with at least four (4) years supervisory experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical acumen including but not limited to: OSI, IT infrastructure, cloud, application development languages, tools and frameworks, database technologies, web technologies, next gen mobile, network architecture, directory services, enterprise resource planning (ERP) system implementation and Microsoft office 365 suite experience.
- Security technology acumen and experience including but not limited to firewall, intrusion detection, cyber-attack tools and defenses, encryption, certificate authority, web filtering, anti-malware, anti-phishing, identity and access management, multi factor authentication.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Experienced with contract and vendor negotiations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and courteous relationships with other employees and other business contacts.
- Ability to prioritize and organize printed reports and records.
- Ability to coordinate several concurrent activities simultaneously.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Employees must possess a valid Texas driver’s license, have a driving record in good standing, and be eligible for coverage under FWHS’s fleet auto insurance.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
Thank you for your interest in job opportunities with Fort Worth Housing Solutions. All applications for open posted positions must be submitted via on-line at www.fwhs.org. We encourage you to visit our website often to view and apply for vacant positions with the agency.