Washington County, Oregon is seeking their next Director of Housing Services to lead the important mission of providing a continuum of affordable housing options that promote community strength. This is a unique opportunity for a collaborative, mission-driven leader with an equity mindset who is committed to engaging staff and community partners at all levels of the organization.
Reporting to the Assistant County Administrator, the Director of Housing Services plans, directs, and reviews the activities and operations of the Department. This unique role also acts as the Executive Director of the Housing Authority of Washington County. Duties include oversight and management of administrative services, United States (US) Housing and Urban Development (HUD) rental assistance programs, and HUD Continuum of Care homeless programs, as well as two regional voter-approved measures. This important work will be supported by several divisions with a staff of 105 (and growing) and a budget of $151.3 million.
This position will help champion our “One Washington County” vision, which serves as a unifying force across departments and divisions, focusing on building a leading-edge organization that can better serve the community now and Design the Future of Washington County in the years ahead.
The ideal candidate for this position is a people-centric leader with exceptional communication skills, future-focused, and strategic. They are also passionate and dedicated to leading a trauma-informed organization with a strong racial equity lens.
Other key skills and traits include:
- Being a people-centric leader that values clear communication, open dialog, and can juggle priorities in and outside the organization.
- Experience managing a multi-million dollar agency budget, including creating a forward-focused vision that ensures the Department is stable and secure, participating in the development and administration of budgeting and expenditures, and maintaining awareness of State or Federal actions that may present opportunities or barriers.
- Familiarity with the work of public housing authorities, State housing agencies and/or homeless service programs; and experience presenting reports, presentations and knowledgeable advice and opinions to industry and oversight groups, such as the Board of Commissioners and/or Housing Authority Board of Directors.
- Supporting teams with creative solutions, insightful change management tactics, and tough decisions to address the biggest needs across the Housing department.
- Having experience in operationalizing equity and racial justice, as well as an understanding of how trauma impacts traditionally underserved individuals and communities and how this should influence the design and delivery of programs and services.
- Understanding employee motivations and aspirations to build effective teams and align strengths to departmental outcomes.
View full job details and apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cowashingtonor.
Interested applicants must submit a completed Washington County employment application with a cover letter and a resume attached to be considered.
Your cover letter must include the following information:
- Provide an overview of your qualifications, including any relevant experience, education, training, and skills.
Please note: Your resume will not substitute the requirement to fully complete the official application including education and work experience sections to be considered for this position. The application and submitted materials will be used to establish the starting salary for this position in accordance with the Oregon Equal Pay Act.