SALARY: $17.48 - $20.97 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 02/02/23
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Please note this position is open until filled; however, to ensure consideration applications should be received by February 15, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal organization, is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. KCHA provides innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest housing provider in the county, and annually, the agency serves over 55,000 low-income individuals.
We transform lives through housing.
The Customer Service Support Internship is an ideal opportunity for a Housing Authority resident, student or recent graduate that has a passion for social work and providing support in the public sector. This internship will offer an opportunity to acquire hands-on experience by supporting diverse populations through positive customer service and administrative support.
The Customer Service Support Internship is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in a flexible work environment. Core office hours for this portfolio are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday; however, work schedule can be flexible based on the need of the successful candidate and business operations. This position is part-time, temporary, will work up to 20-hours per week and is anticipated to last up to one year.
Typical job duties may include:
- Provide polite customer service to residents, staff and the community.
- Answer phones and direct callers to appropriate staff or department; answer basic questions.
- Perform routine filing, scanning and proofreading documents.
- Word processing, data entry, spreadsheet preparation, run reports, enter and look up information in databases.
- Operate standard office equipment, such as a personal computer, telephone, fax machine, copier, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Recent High School graduate OR
- Current student or recent graduate from a college/university program in Business, Social Work, or related field.
- Clerical and/or customer service experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic experience with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to place a high priority on professional excellence; manage stress appropriately.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, keeping track of information or work in progress, ensuring accuracy, multi-tasking, attention to detail, time management skills, and handling interruptions appropriately.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment exhibiting a strong work ethic and accountability in completing work.
- Work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and educationally diverse populations; values diversity; treats other with respect.
- Consent to and pass required assessments.
- Consent to and pass criminal records background check.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
The starting salary range for this position is $17.48 - $20.97 per hour dependent on qualifications and professional experience. The complete salary range for this position is $17.48 - $24.47 hourly.
Physical Work Environment:
This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force; work regularly requires using hands to finger, handle or feel, frequently requires sitting and speaking or hearing and occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms and repetitive motions; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data; work has no exposure to environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.