This position is responsible for providing overall leadership and management for financial and other assigned functions of the Authority. Responsibilities may include assisting in the development of strategies and policies; providing financial guidance to management; and managing financial and regulatory risk.
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
1. Supervises staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; coordinating staff training; and implementing hiring, discipline, and termination procedures.
2. Directs human resources, information technology, and other functions of the Authority to ensure effective and efficient operations.
3. Evaluates growth strategies of the Authority to determine financial needs and risks; assists in allocating resources to accomplish objectives.
4. Manages financial and regulatory risk, including: monitoring compliance with legal requirements; evaluating financial reports for compliance with regulations; and performing related tasks.
5. Recommends and implements financial policies, procedures, and systems to ensure proper management of Authority finances.
6. Presents reports, policy proposals, initiatives, and other financial information to the board.
7. Provides financial guidance to management staff.
8. Coordinates and manages Authority budgets, including: monitoring budget accounts; allocating budgets; preparing budget revisions; and reviewing budget calculations.
9. Negotiates deals with investors to secure financing.
10. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
Bachelors degree in Finance or related field; 10-12 years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
Certified Public Accountant
KNOWLEDGE (position requirements at entry):
Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations;
Computers and related software;
Supervisory and management principles;
Financial administration principles;
Internal control practices;
Methods of preparing financial reports;
Methods of evaluating strategies for financial outcomes;
Resource allocation concepts;
Methods of managing financial risk;
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
Providing overall leadership and direction;
Using computers and related software;
Directing and overseeing financial and other operations;
Presenting complex financial data;
Determining financial risks;
Allocating financial resources;
Providing financial guidance to staff;
Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Please be advised that you are required to have received either both doses of the Moderna or Pfizer or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine prior to your employment start date or have an approved religious or medical accommodation prior to your employment start date.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.