Tacoma Housing Authority (THA) provides high quality, stable and sustainable housing, and supportive services to people in need. It does this in ways that help them prosper and help our communities become safe, vibrant, prosperous, attractive, and just.
The Assistant Comptroller will:
- - Support THA’s strategic and operational objectives by providing financial oversight and analysis of THA’s core operational areas.
- - Play an integral role in preparing financial statements and annual budget.
- -Maintain the agency’s budget and financial reporting software.
- - Serve as primary back-up in Comptroller’s absence.
- - Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required.
- - 2 or more yrs experience as a supervisor.
- - 5 or more yrs experience in progressively responsible accounting or finance positions.
- - 3 or more yrs public accounting or governmental auditing experience preferred.
- - Licensed CPA preferred.
We offer comprehensive benefits, including:
- - Medical/dental/vision and HSAs/FSAs
- - STD, LTD, and life insurance
- - WA State PERS retirement plan
- - Paid holidays and other time off
- - PSLF eligible
- - Additional health and wellness programs
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging: Our staff, clients, and community partners are diverse in many ways, including race, national origin, language, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, and disability. We're committed to cultivating a culture of belonging and value diverse life experiences and heritage to ensure all voices are heard. We strive to respect and protect the dignity of all employees and members of our community.
View complete job details, application processes, and learn more about THA at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/tacomahousing.