The Community Planning, Housing and Development (CPHD) Department is seeking an Affordable Housing Development Specialist to join the Housing Development team and lead the underwriting, County funding approval, and loan closing processes for multiple complex multi-family projects to increase the County's supply of affordable housing.
Specific duties include:
- Underwriting loan requests and negotiating loan terms for the County’s Affordable Housing Investment Fund (AHIF), Federal HOME, and/or CDBG programs;
- Presenting funding recommendations to the Citizen’s Advisory Commission on Housing and County Board;
- Closing on loans for multiple complex affordable housing projects visible within the community, which are broad in context and may be politically charged;
- Serving as a subject matter expert to staff, developers, citizens, County management, leadership, and other departments regarding affordable housing policies, programs, regulations, and development opportunities in Arlington;
- Advising on a wide variety of urban planning and housing issues that impact or affect the County's affordable housing objectives;
- Applying extensive knowledge of relevant laws and regulations to manage affordable housing development work and developing policy recommendations; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning, Construction Management, Real Estate Development, Finance, or related field; and
- Three (3) years of experience in housing development and finance programs, construction project management, real estate development, or related program areas.
Substitution: Additional education may be substituted for experience.
Please apply directly on our website @ https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/arlington/jobs/3985666/affordable-housing-development-specialist?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs