HOW TO APPLY Administrative Project Manager - Housing Management
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal corporation, is a nationally-recognized leader in affordable housing. KCHA provides innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. KCHA is the largest housing provider in the county and the agency serves over 55,000 low-income individuals annually. Our vision is that all King County residents have quality affordable housing.
The Administrative Project Manager will play a key role in the department, both by directly managing projects and by supporting our team and stakeholders in keeping projects moving forward. The successful candidate will be highly organized, an excellent communicator, and enjoy working in multiple content areas simultaneously, applying a versatile skillset and learning constantly. Researching a topic, leading a continuous improvement initiative, revising a policy, designing a workflow, preparing a presentation, leading a project team meeting or backing up the work of a specialist on our team could all be part of your week. The Administrative Project Manager reports to the Vice President of Strategic Operations.
This position is open until filled; however, to ensure consideration applications should be submitted by September 19, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
- Oversees, coordinates, and leads projects and related staff; reviews, develops, and implements new procedures, policies, workflows, systems, and approaches; identifies problems and project scope; develops timelines; utilizes and implements project tracking tools and documentation; applies appropriate approaches and methods to ensure project success.
- Facilitates the coordination of project stakeholders; assesses stakeholder needs; identifies roles and resources needed for project completion; adjusts project operations and communication to ensure successful project completion.
- Develops and implements project budgets; procures tools and resources for projects as needed.
- Writes and edits policy and procedure drafts for projects as needed.
- Creates and delivers presentations related to assigned projects.
- Reviews and assists in drafting contracts, leases, and agreements.
- Cross trains and serves as backup for various roles in the Support Services Department.
- Collaborates with the Organization’s Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion to ensure cultural differences and/or disparities in language, communication, and learning styles do not create mental or physical barriers throughout project life cycles.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree AND
- Considerable experience coordinating large scale projects and administrative systems for an organization OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understands technical aspects of the position and continuously builds knowledge, keeping up to date on the substantive and procedural aspects of the position including the ability to:
- Read and interpret floor plans; contracts/leases, RFPs, flowcharts/workflow diagrams, Gant charts, and architectural drawings;
- Perform standard business math, calculate financial data and make simple projections;
- Understand and apply governmental accounting practices, process and create invoices, and budget documentation.
- Ability to plan, organize, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources to achieve project objectives.
- Skilled in effective self-management practices and ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation; ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
- Clearly and effectively communicates both verbally and in writing by actively listening and sharing relevant information.
- Ability to compose and prepare correspondence; demonstrates strong proofreading and editing skills;
- Demonstrates exceptional presentation and facilitation skills.
- Values diversity and possesses an understanding of multicultural and cultural competencies; ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Effective interpersonal relations skills with the ability to work collaboratively to garner the trust, respect, and confidence from others; can be relied upon to achieve excellent results; ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A collaborative team member who is also a strong leader with well-developed organizational and time management skills; ability to develop effective working relationships; works cooperatively, exchanges ideas, and addresses issues in a constructive manner.
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Project and Outlook).
- Consent to and pass driver’s and criminal records background check.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to travel between work sites as required. Must have an acceptable driving record at time of appointment and throughout employment.
Position Information and Application Process
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
Salary range is $83,054.00 to $120,429.00, with a midpoint of $101,742.00. New hires typically receive between minimum and midpoint, however, we may go slightly higher based on experience, internal equity and market. Salary is negotiable. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, reduced tuition, and retirement benefits are also available.
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
After initial onboarding, this role will have the opportunity to work remotely up to 60% in accordance with the KCHA's flexible work arrangements; however, remote work conditions will be reviewed on a regular basis based on business and program need. The ability to report to the Central Office in Tukwila may still be required on occasion. Some local travel may be required to support KCHA business needs.
This work requires the regular exertion of up to 10 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitive motions and occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms and pushing or pulling; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work has no exposure to environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Administrative Project Manager - Housing Managementhttps://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kingcohousing/jobs/4185462/administrative-project-manager-housing-management?sort=PostingDate%7CDescending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs