$25.53 - $29.00 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 03/17/23
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Please note this position is open until filled; however, to ensure consideration applications should be received by March 30, 2023 at 4:30pm.
King County Housing Authority's (KCHA) Weatherization Program is recruiting for a detail-oriented, sociable and customer service focused Administrative Assistant (Long-Term Temporary) to join their team in Tukwila, Washington.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is committed to the highest standards in public service while making an impact towards combating climate change and assisting low-income households become more energy efficient and sustainable.
The strongest candidate will:
- Have an ability to provide exceptional customer service to a diverse population of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate their attention to detail when reviewing information that has been submitted for completeness or determining what documentation will be required based on applicant situations.
- Be highly skilled as an effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Be flexible and able to adjust to shifting priorities and needs while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Have experience working for government or non-profit agencies that serve the low-income community.
- Have experience in public procurement and understand construction contacting.
The ideal candidate will enjoy interacting with applicants, landlords, contractors and staff and bring an ability to recognize the balance between policy and empathy while supporting program participants. The Administrative Assistant’s ability to support internal and external program stakeholders will be essential to their success in this role while being proficient in the use of systems and tools to maintain organization, demonstrate dynamic time management and have the ability to change focus based on program goals.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is the largest provider of affordable housing in the Pacific Northwest and a nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. To learn more about KCHA and our Mission visit this link.
The Weatherization Program Administrative Assistant will:
- Conduct intake of Weatherization program applicants; maintain communications for program intake via phone, fax and manages the general department email inbox regarding applications and general inquires.
- Maintain knowledge regarding program rules through state and federal guidelines; process client applications based on state and federal rules and deliver eligibility determinations to clients.
- Process and maintain records pertaining to contractor compliance with licensing and insurance requirements; facilitate requests for pricing and additional documentation from contractors.
- Create project files and review project documentation for quality control as it pertains to compliance with program rules and department best practices.
- Act as backup to Administrative Specialist as needed.
- Deliver reports from department databases to Program Manager and Director as needed; maintain records within department databases and reviews for accuracy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- High School Diploma or GED AND
- Two years of experience providing office and/or administrative support OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience maintaining records (manual and electronic) and performing data entry with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience and commitment to providing customer service to internal and external stakeholders ensuring timely response and positive interactions.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and the ability to work in proprietary database systems; experience with DocuSign preferred.
- Clearly and effectively communicates both verbally and in writing by actively listening and sharing relevant information.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, ensuring accuracy, multi-tasking, and handling interruptions appropriately; ensures assignments are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; interacts effectively with others to establish and maintain smooth working relationships.
- Ability to think critically and creatively while reflecting; will question and search for answers and meaning; evaluates ideas and information and develops ideas that lead to action.
- Consent to and pass required assessments.
- Consent to and pass criminal records background check.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary range for this position is $25.54 - $29.00 per hour dependent on qualifications and professional experience. The complete salary range for this position is $25.54 - $37.02 hourly. Performance based merit increase opportunities and COLAs are reviewed on an annual basis. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are also available. For more details regarding KCHA comprehensive benefits, please visit our benefits page, www.kcha.org/employment/employeebenefits.aspx.
Physical Work Environment
This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and reaching with hands and arms, frequently requires standing, walking, sitting and repetitive motions and occasionally requires stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, tasting or smelling and pushing or pulling; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work has no exposure to environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.