Vice President of Housing
Knoxville’s Community Development Corporation offers the Vice President of Housing an outstanding opportunity for personal investment and service to the citizens of Knoxville and Knox County. KCDC manages, invests and leverages approximately $100 million annually in fulfillment of its mission to provide affordable quality housing and life-changing opportunities to its program clients. KCDC is seeking an individual with the desire to lift up others by personal investment of time, talents and vocation in the furtherance of missions like that of KCDC.
The Vice President of Housing (VPH) serves as a member of the Executive Management Team (EMT) under the leadership of the Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer (CEO). As a member of the EMT, the VPH is involved in strategic planning and initiatives which drive the Agency to achieve its mission, vision and goals.
Your direct team consists of 2 Housing Operations Directors, a Compliance Director, and a Maintenance and Construction Director. The 90-member full operations team works together to improve the quality of life of our residents, to ensure well-maintained and attractive properties, and to ensure outstanding business and professional protocols designed to achieve maximum funding in order to provide optimal housing outcomes for Knoxville area residents.
The VP of Housing has an amazing opportunity to shape KCDC’s future by finding new and creative ways to fund new housing initiatives and sharing your tireless work ethic to inspire an Agency workforce of 150 employees.
TO BE EFFECTIVE IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Passion to serve our local community through the work at KCDC
- Ability to relate to and encourage staff to achieve agency goals
- Excellent analytical and management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Technical knowledge necessary to perform all job responsibilities
- A tireless work ethic
- A positive attitude and ability to think outside the box
Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business administration, social work administration, or related field and a minimum of seven years of experience in the administration of housing programs, with a minimum of five years of experience in a high-level supervisory capacity. A Master’s Degree is highly preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the KCDC’s automobile insurance plan at the standard rate.
- Ensuring you rest from work with generous paid time off benefits
- 11 paid holidays annually
- 2 to 5 weeks paid vacation annually with a 240-hour roll-over
- 12 paid sick days annually
- Saving you money and preparing you for retirement
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax insurance premiums
- 8.8% company contribution to your retirement account; No contribution required by you
- Roth Account, a post-tax retirement savings plan
- 457b Account, a pre-tax retirement savings plan
- Taking care of you and your loved ones
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Programs
- Helping you achieve a healthy lifestyle and work/life balance
- KCDC’s comprehensive The Healthy Track wellness program
- Remote workplace options
- Flexible work hours
Compensation: Minimum start is $120,000 depending on qualifications.
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.