The Housing Authority is seeking exceptional, team-oriented candidates to work at the Senior Management Analyst or Management Analyst level. The level selected candidates will be placed at is dependent on their background, skills, and experience. Senior/Management Analysts work on a wide range of analytical, management, policy and technical assignments supporting AHA operations and programs, and will have the opportunity to perform meaningful and impactful work for an agency dedicated to providing affordable housing in the most impacted region of the nation.
Two positions are currently open. These positions in the Administration Department may be assigned a range of duties, particularly in the areas of: researching and drafting housing policy; providing support for housing programs, including designing and implementing quality control projects; coordinating agency-level procurement activities; serving as the back-up IT administrator; supporting the selection, implementation and ongoing maintenance of software; and leading projects and producing analytical reports related to topics such as reasonable accommodations, customer surveys and landlord incentives.
Incumbents will be responsible for a wide range of analytical and management tasks and projects serving various departments and programs. These positions require the ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, lead project teams, and plan and carry out complex work assignments with minimal direction.
The Housing Authority reserves the right to use this advertisement and applicant response to fill other similar Management Analyst or Senior Management Analyst positions, including in other departments, for up to one year after the date of this notice.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business administration, public administration, or a related field. A Master’s degree (or equivalent) is preferred. And
- For Management Analyst: Two (2) years of professional administrative and management support experience in public agency government.
- For Senior Management Analyst: Four (4) years of professional administrative and management support experience in public agency government. and some supervisory experience is strongly desirable.
- Candidates should possess strong technical skills including proficiency in common affordable housing and business software, such as Excel, Yardi and Laserfiche; and top notch analytical, research, report writing, problem solving, and project management skills. Strong presentation and statistical analysis skills are essential.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas including procurement, risk management, IT and/or subsidized housing preferred.
- Public sector budgeting/finance and employee training is desirable.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid driver’s license by time of appointment is required. Must be able to be insured under AHA’s owned automobile insurance policy.
- Proficiency in one of the Housing Authority’s LEP languages (Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese or Tagalog) is preferred but not required.
- Some evening and after-hours work will be required to attend meetings and/or respond to emergencies.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled; Candidates should apply as soon as possible as the positions may close at any time
To apply, submit a:
- Housing Authority Employment Application
- Resume (three pages maximum, include months/years of employment), and
- Responses to the supplemental questions (two pages maximum)
Your resume and supplemental questions must be in Word or pdf format and uploaded into the employment application form. The AHA application form is located in the Working With AHA section of the Housing Authority’s website at http://www.alamedahsg.org. The full job description and supplemental questions are on the Open Positions page in Employment Opportunities.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY VIA EMAIL
If you need a reasonable accommodation under the American with Disabilities Act, please contact the Housing Authority office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Housing Authority of the City of Alameda is an Equal Opportunity / ADA Employer