SALARY: $112,484.00 - $142,292.00 Annually
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
HOW TO APPLY: Regional Manager - North
Please note this position is open until filled; however, to ensure consideration applications should be received by January 9, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is the largest provider of affordable housing in the Pacific Northwest and a nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. We continue to do excellent work toward achieving our vision and reaching for such an important goal means we must have mission focused leaders intent on moving the organization forward.
The Authority has an exceptional opportunity for a strong and seasoned professional to join the organization in the Property Management Department as a Regional Manager for the North region.
The North Regional Manager will lead and manage the team which is responsible for roughly 1,027 units in the north portions of King County and beyond. The North region is comprised of various portfolios each managed by a property manager and support staff. The properties are located in Shoreline, Kenmore, Kirkland, and Sedro-Woolley. These properties are almost entirely federally subsidized through the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The selected individual will plan, direct, manage and review the work done in and around the properties in their designated region. Taking responsibility for managing a large staff and multiple properties and rental units in the region, the Regional Manager works with the Property Managers to review and assess property management, building and asset maintenance, leasing, and legal issues. Other work will include reviewing property staffing, budgets, and operational reporting as well as assisting in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures. When necessary, this role is responsible for approving terminations of resident tenancies. All of these responsibilities also include providing excellent customer service to our residents, vendors, service partners and fellow KCHA staff.
As proven leaders with demonstrated skill in inspiring others, the Regional Manager will train, coach and direct property managers and office and maintenance staff. Working with and through others, they will ensure compliance with all applicable federal and local regulations.
To learn more about KCHA and our Mission visit this link.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's Degree AND
- Considerable experience in property management, public housing and/or subsidized housing at a Property Manager level or equivalent role OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Supervisory experience and effective supervisory skills to include coaching and mentoring to support employees in achieving Authority and individual goals; demonstrated ability to provide strong leadership in a dynamic, highly regulated work environment.
- In depth knowledge of complex property management issues, trends, principles, practices, and/or other applicable regulated housing programs and Authority policies and procedures.
- Communicates plans and activities with leadership, colleagues, and subordinates in a manner that supports strategies for involvement and accomplishment of mission and outcomes; applies effective written and oral communication techniques to convey clear and timely messages; strong presentation skills.
- Analyzes problems, identifies solutions, and articulates possibilities and recommendations; demonstrates critical, creative, and reflective thinking.
- Utilizes excellent time management and problem-solving techniques, and use of professional judgment in complex situations.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities; responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to develop effective working relationships; works cooperatively, exchanges ideas, and addresses issues in a constructive, collaborative manner.
- Values open-mindedness, inclusion, multicultural perspective and multiple ways of knowing, thinking, and being helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity; values organizational diversity; treats others with respect; promotes cooperation.
- Strong level of knowledge with budget development, planning, analysis, and tracking.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Consent to and pass driver's and criminal record background check.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to travel between work sites as required. Must have an acceptable driving record at time of appointment and throughout employment.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary range for this position is $112,484.00 - $142,292.00 annually dependent on qualifications and professional experience. The complete salary range for this position is $112,484.00 - $172,101.00 annually. Performance based merit increase opportunities and COLAs are reviewed on an annual basis. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are available.
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with frequent travel between work sites. Incumbents frequently use standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment and may drive a vehicle on Authority business.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.