$35.43 - $38.84 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 01/07/22
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Effective December 1, 2021, the King County Housing Authority has instituted a COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Policy that requires all regular, part-time, and temporary employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of its workplace and community. Newly hired employees must provide proof to KCHA Human Resources after an offer of employment has been made and before their first day of employment that they are fully vaccinated. Individuals with a qualifying medical or religious reason may submit a request for exemption and reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualifying individuals if the accommodations do not present an undue hardship.
This position is open until filled; however, to ensure consideration applications should be received by January 19, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
The King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is a national leader in providing innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest landlord in the county, and annually, the agency serves over 55,000 low-income individuals.
We transform lives through housing.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and skilled journeyman level professional to maintain, service and repair the housing units as part of our North Regional Crew based out of Redmond, Washington. This position is represented by the Seattle King County Building Trades Council.
This is journey level work maintaining, servicing, repairing, and upgrading public housing residential units; appliances and equipment; and housing properties. The core focus for this role will be electrical; however, additional, work includes:
- Building HVAC work
- Responding to over-time emergency calls (as needed)
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- High School diploma or GED AND
- Journey Level Electrician AND
- Two years of experience in construction and/or maintenance of residential buildings.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be substituted on a year for year basis for experience qualification.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Work requires knowledge of:
- Building methods, materials, tools and equipment.
- Interior and exterior painting, drywall repair, carpentry, plumbing, electrical or mechanical trades.
- Building systems (HVAC, Boilers, Sprinklers, etc.).
Work requires the ability to:
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical/natural gas, appliances, plumbing problems and determine most cost effective method for repair.
- Be a self-starter and work independently or in a group.
- Be able to plan and work on small projects.
- Work in tight, confined areas or on roofs.
- Read and interpret diagrams, schematics, blueprints, drawings specifications and manuals.
- Maintain effective customer relations with tenants and their family members.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the first day of employment or have an approved medical or religious exemption and reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualifying individuals if the accommodations do not present an undue hardship.
- Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background check.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in order to travel regularly between work sites.
- Consent to and pass a Physical Abilities Test and required assessments.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity an applicant should:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are available.
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in both indoor and outdoor environments with exposure to dirt and dust, noise, fumes and odors, darkness or poor lighting in performing maintenance work. Incumbent(s) frequently use power and hand tools and machinery and requires bending, lifting, kneeling, climbing as well as working on ladders and tight spaces. Work may occasionally expose incumbent to electrical, chemical and mechanical hazards natural to maintenance work performed.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.