Home Forward is currently seeking a Property Manager for our Humboldt Gardens property to work in collaboration with our Property Management staff, residents, and other organizational stakeholders.
Humboldt Gardens is a community in the Humboldt neighborhood featuring a combination of 130 flats, townhomes, and elevator-access apartments. The mix includes subsidized housing apartments, and 31 of the homes have physical accommodations for accessibility.
This is a full-time position and the starting salary is $53,841.40. It will close on Sunday, January 23rd at 11:59 pm.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
To protect the health of the community and employees, Home Forward requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption by November 19, 2021 as a qualification of employment. The rule applies to all employees, as allowable by law. Candidates who receive an offer of employment must provide proof of vaccination upon hire or submit an exception request prior to their start date.
The Property Manager position supports Home Forward's strategic and operational objectives in the following way:
To coordinate, supervise and oversee multiple property management functions. To ensure maximum occupancy of housing units, to direct or coordinate response to emergencies, to sustain successful residency and help residents work toward self-sufficiency, and to ensure the provision of safe, livable residential communities and high quality, well-maintained residential units through lease enforcement and maintenance activities. Property managers are responsible for the preparation and oversight of the operating budget for assigned property; developing and implementing employee performance goals to ensure continuous improvement of service delivery to residents and a work environment of teamwork and respect.
In this context, the incumbent in this position will collaborate with others at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders in the consideration of significant goals, concepts, initiatives, and other activities that profoundly affect Home Forward, its employees, and the people that it serves.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Direct and/or perform property management marketing activities such as overseeing or showing apartments to prospective residents, processing rental applications and verifying eligibility in accordance with Fair Housing Standards, Home Forward and HUD policies and procedures, maintaining property waiting list database and applicant files, and responding to applicant and/or case manager questions regarding application status.
- Coordinate and/or perform move-in duties such as ensuring residents execute lease and collecting all monies prior to unit occupancy, completing walk through inspection with residents, explaining responsibilities of lease compliance, property amenities, neighborhood services amenities and resident participation opportunities.
- Coordinate efforts to maintain resident occupancy; meet with residents to identify and assess resident concerns, complaints or grievances. Refer residents for intervention to internal case management resources and/or refer residents to external social service agencies when appropriate.
- Oversee the preventative maintenance plans for properties. Establish schedules and service delivery methods for preventative maintenance tasks; identify resources needed; review required activities with appropriate staff; allocate resources; ensure the timely creation and completion of related service requests.
- Perform Quality Control of completed service requests for compliance with Home Forward standards of craftsmanship and UPCS.
- Conduct compliance and administrative functions to ensure ongoing compliance with all funding/subsidy streams applicable to the site. These may include, but are not limited to, Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, Public Housing, Project-based Section 8 subsidy, and Housing .
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
TO SEE THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: CLICK HERE.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact in your community, and establish a great career with an organization that cares about its employees. This position will primarily be located at:
5033 N Vancouver Avenue
Portland, OR 97217
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hapdx?page=1