Please go to http://www.hacla.org/careers for details of this position and to apply.
Definition: Under direction is responsible for the operation and management of an assigned housing development, housing program or property management function; performs other duties as required.
Examples Of Essential Duties:
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and supervise the activities of a housing development, housing program or property management function.
- Manage a staff that may consist of maintenance, clerical, custodial, professional, paraprofessional or technical personnel based upon assignment. Train, supervise and evaluate staff; promote safety in operations and services.
- Represent the Authority with public and private agencies; participate in appropriate local community organizations and activities; make presentations.
- Assist in the development of the department budget; review, monitor and control assigned unit budget preparing budget documents, justifications and recommendations.
- Enforce leases, program requirements, contractual agreement and conditions. Ensure compliance with established rules, regulations and procedures.
- Resolve management-tenant or program participant relation problems; make appropriate referrals to local public or private agencies.
- Initiate needed major project repairs and improvements and ensure their satisfactory completion.
- Inspects and determines adequacy of maintenance of office, dwelling units, and grounds.
- Meet with program participants and contractors; provide advice and guidance concerning program particulars.
- Review and approve various documents such as purchase orders, leases, tenant applications, eligibility reviews, eviction or termination notices, etc.
- Establish and maintain good tenant and client relations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science or closely related field.
Experience: Minimum of four (4) years of increasingly responsible professional level experience in a managerial* capacity a property management setting or in the public sector providing social service programs to low-income people in fields such as public housing, social welfare, public health, employment service, counseling, vocational guidance, or a related field. Receipt of PHM, CPM or equivalent certification required within one year of hire.
*To determine whether an applicant meets the minimum experience required, the Housing Authority will look to the nature of the applicant's experience. Title, alone, will not be determinate.
Special Requirements: Must possess a valid California Class "C" Driver's License.
Preferred Certifications/Licenses: California Real Estate License; Public Housing Management (PHM); Certified Property Manager (CPM); or equivalent certification
Applications will be reviewed for relevant experience, education and training. Applications must be detailed and complete for proper evaluation. Resumes may be included but may not be submitted in lieu of application content. Only the MOST QUALIFIED APPLICANTS will be invited to the testing process, which may include any combination of oral, written and/or performance examination. Applicants must pass each phase of the testing process with a rate of 80% or higher to be placed on the "Certified List". Generation of a Certified List does not mean that there are any vacant and available positions at this time. The Certified List will be available for not less than 6 consecutive calendar months.
THE EXAMINATION FOR THIS POSITION WILL OCCUR ON June 7, 2022. If you are invited to the examination process, you will receive an email from email@example.com NO LATER THAN Thursday, June 2, 2022. This will be your only notice. There will be no changes to the date(s) of the examination.
Only applicants who have been placed on the certified eligibility list will be considered for job openings. Placement on the eligibility list is neither a guarantee of employment, nor is it an implied promise of work. All applicants referred from an eligibility list for selection interview(s) will be considered for the position; however, only the best-qualified applicant(s) may be selected.
Applications will be reviewed for relevant experience, education and training. The application must be detailed and complete for proper evaluation.
All job offers are contingent upon providing proof of full vaccination against COVID -19 and successful completion of a pre-employment evaluation, which includes: a post-offer medical examination (includes drug and alcohol screening), criminal records check, employment history and education verification, and documentation of the right to work in the United States. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the two dose vaccine or 14 days since receiving the one dose vaccine.
Candidates will start at step one (1) of an eight (8) step salary range unless there are special exceptions in accordance with the Personnel Rules.
Testing Accommodations: If you require an accommodation due to a physical, mental or learning disability, please call (213) 252-5400 for special assistance. Special testing accommodations may be arranged if verification of the disability is provided by a physician, rehabilitation counselor, or other authority.
Mandatory Vaccination Accommodations: If you are unable to submit proof of vaccination at time of acceptance of a job offer due to medical and/or religious reasons, you will need to submit a request for a reasonable accommodation to engage in an interactive process. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the two dose vaccine or 14 days since receiving the one dose vaccine.
Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation in any portion of the selection process should state their need in writing when submitting an application.
As a condition of new and continued employment, employees in this classification must participate in mandatory direct deposit of payroll.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
NOTE: The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract and any provisions contained in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice.
Pursuant to the Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles' Conflict of Interest Policy, new and existing employees are required to refrain from participating in activities, employment or enterprises, which are in conflict with public interest and/or with his or her duties as an employee of the Authority. A copy of the Conflict of Interest Policy may be obtained by visiting our website at:
Please call NeoGov Toll-Free Applicant Support telephone line (855) 524-5627 if you forget your password, have application login problems or get an error message during the application process