AHA is seeking an exceptional, team-oriented candidate to work at the Management Analyst level. Management Analysts work on a wide range of analytical, management, and technical assignments supporting AHA operations and programs, and will have the opportunity to perform meaningful and impactful work for an agency dedicated to providing affordable housing in the most impacted region of the nation.
The position currently open is in the Executive Department and will report to the Principal Management Analyst. AHA was recently designated as a MTW agency, and this position will play a key role in the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of MTW strategies and activities. Project areas may include:
- Preparation of MTW supplements
- Analysis and compilation of data for U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) reports
- Training of staff for MTW activities
- Daily reporting and conducting quality control of MTW activities and Housing Programs Department activity
AHA is particularly interested in applications from candidates with strong skills in:
- Microsoft Excel
- Numeric analytics
- Statistical knowledge and analyzation experience, preferable
This position requires the ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide variety of internal and external partners, work on project teams, and receive work direction from multiple department staff.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Education: Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in statistics, mathematics, business administration, public administration, or a related field, and
- Experience: Two (2) years of professional administrative and management support experience in public agency government.
- Candidates should possess strong technical skills including proficiency in common business software and document retention systems; experience with Yardi and/or Laserfiche preferred.
- Top notch analytical, research and reporting, and project management skills
- Strong presentation, writing, math, and problem solving skills are essential
- Public sector housing work experience is desirable
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid driver’s license by time of appointment is required. Must be able to be insured under AHA’s owned automobile insurance policy.
Final Filing Date: the application period has been extended to July 29, 2022 at 5:00 pm PST
To apply, submit a:
- Housing Authority Employment Application
- Resume (three pages maximum, include months/years of employment), and
- Responses to the supplemental questions (two pages maximum)
Your resume and supplemental questions must be in Word or pdf format and uploaded into the employment application form. The AHA application form is located in the Working With Us>Employment Opportunities section of the Housing Authority’s website at http://www.alamedahsg.org. The full job description and supplemental questions are on the Open Positions page in Employment Opportunities.