Application Deadline: October 21, 2022 at 5pm EST.
The preferred hiring amount is between $61,261.21 to $109,179.20 annually. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, exempt, position which provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City's retirement options, gym membership reimbursement, and continuing education/training opportunities.
The Housing Program Manager performs responsible professional and administrative work in the handling of a variety of housing assignments, functions related to managing and coordinating activities directly related to housing, and performs related work as required. This position will serve as the primary point of contact for housing developers seeking assistance or other support from the City. The incumbent will negotiate housing development and redevelopment projects and related funding, and coordinate with developers and property owners, development professionals and related City or State departments to address regulatory barriers.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Policy Studies, Finance, Urban Planning, Architecture or closely related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive professional work in affordable housing policy, planning and development related work.
- Housing Development Finance Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Work experience with managing projects which involve politically sensitive or controversial issues.
- Senior level work experience in an office/department/division of housing for a city or county, housing trust, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) entity, housing authority, public housing management company, or non-profit or for-profit affordable housing provider/developer.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit www.governmentjobs.com/careers/charlottesville/jobs/3693944/housing-program-manager. Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.