The Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency is looking for temporary Housing Locators to assist in the Emergency Housing Voucher program. These individuals will perform a variety of technical level work related to the Housing Authority's provision of housing assistance programs.
What is the Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV) Program?
The Housing Authority of the County of Sacramento was awarded 494 Emergency Housing Vouchers (EHVs) funded by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of 2021 (Public Law No: 117-2) to provide rental assistance for individuals and families who meet one of the following criteria:
- At risk of homelessness,
- Fleeing, or attempting to flee, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or human trafficking, or
- Were recently homeless or have a high risk of housing instability.
Housing Locators are responsible for the following:
- Participate in program briefings to explain housing search assistance services and schedule families for appointments
- Review clients’ needs and desires for housing units; including type, location, rental amounts, etc., and provide guidance on prospective properties that can be visited with the client
- Assist clients with applying for tenancy with prospective landlords
Top candidates will have the following skills:
- Experience in assisted housing industry, property management, Real Estate, homeless services, or project management.
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service with internal and external clients
- Ability to navigate functions in various databases
Temporary positions may last up to 6 months of employment.
Candidates will be referred to a Staffing Agency for additional screening. Candidates who pass screening qualifications may be required to pass an online written exam prior to an interview invite.
Candidates must possess and maintain an applicable California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency's insurance carrier.
Temporary employees may be placed on an eligible list upon completion of their assignment and recommendation by the department.
SHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a condition of employment with SHRA, this employee will be required to complete a COVID-19 vaccination recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (including for emergency use) and provide proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department prior to employment.
For a complete job announcement and/or to apply online, click on the following link: