Home Forward is seeking an Equity Manager. The Equity Manager will guide, develop, and deliver organizational programs, education, and resource development. They will serve as a key stakeholder in racial equity work to people inside and outside the organization, and will be in direct support of the organizational equity goals and strategic plan initiatives. This position is the second hire of a forming/growing department to direct, support, and guide all matters related to equity for all of Home Forward.
Studies have shown that all women and people of color, specifically, are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and the candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
1. Partner with Director of Equity to implement strategies and policies to advance equity in both our internal and external programs; including researching, analyzing, and evaluating organizational equity policies, plans, and goals;
2. Shared oversight in evaluation and accountability structures to ensure plans for racial equity in the near and long-term are progressing towards strategic goals;
3. Support the design, coordination, and implementation of programs, policies and practices addressing racial disparities existing in the delivery of services at Home Forward;
4. Provide guidance, training, and support in the development and delivery of equity programs and tools; including but not limited to leadership development, curriculum and educational opportunities, career advancement pathways for communities of color, LGBTQ+ staff, and individuals with disabilities;
5. Coaches staff in learning processes related to equity education;
6. Manages operations and function of the Racial Harm Hotline, which can include intakes, case development, inquiries, resolution, and response structure.
7. Collaborate with Human Resources on a variety of sensitive and confidential employee matters to address equity-based conflict and accountability measures.
8. Serves as a member of the Labor Management Committees, and participates in contract bargaining as necessary to revise, develop, and inform practices from an equity lens.
9. Maintain and organize materials in the Equity Department Intranet Forms Library;
10. Navigate and problem-solve through traumatic environments of oppression (i.e., racism, sexism, transphobia, homophobia, and ableism, etc.) to address behavior and actions of systems and people;
11. Participate in ongoing professional and personal learning and development related to current and aspirational positions;
12. Prepare memoranda, reports, process documentation, correspondence, and other written materials;
13. Act as an internal resource for organizational equity initiatives;
14. Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To see the full job description: CLICK HERE
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
To protect the health of the community and employees, effective November 19, 2021, Home Forward requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption as a qualification of employment.
This position will close on Sunday, June 5, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. This position pay starts at $65,148.09/per year and Home Forward has wonderful and competitive benefits.
This is a hybrid position with a combination of office setting and telework based in Oregon or Washington and some travel needed to attend meetings or trainings. The position will be centrally located at:
New Market West
135 SW. Ash St.
Portland, OR 97204
Please Apply Today!
Education & Experience Guidelines
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant.
A combination of 7 years of relevant experience and/or education leading and championing diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives in an organizational setting (An example could be 7 + years of relevant experience, a relevant associates degree and 5 years of experience, or a relevant bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions.
A combination of office setting and telework based in Oregon or Washington. Some travel needed to attend meetings or training.
Incumbents require sufficient mobility to work in an office setting.
Vision sufficient to read and write on a computer, tablet, or phone screen.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Direction is given by the Director of Equity
Please see full job description and complete online job application form at: CLICK HERE