The Director of Touchstone Property Services is an important leadership position at Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority (CMHA). This position is responsible for promoting and furthering housing opportunities for a broad range of household incomes and needs. This position is accountable for the effective management of all operating functions of the Touchstone Property Services. The position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.
- Direct and provide leadership to regional and afford housing property managers and other Touchstone staff to achieve the highest performance for program administration while best serving the needs of our customers.
- Develop and implement operational policies, procedures, and guidelines for ensuring compliance with all LIHTC, state and federal laws and regulations with special attention given to those governing the programs for which Touchstone is directly responsible and has financial risk and exposure.
- Ensuring all locations are meeting or exceeding annual financial and compliance goals, and are providing high quality housing to all residents.
- Develop and ensure execution of multi-year strategic operating/business plans for all properties.
- Work closely with Finance department in order to manage, grow and control the operations of affordable housing portfolio in a cost effective manner.
- Ensure established occupancy targets are reached and maintained for each property and overall portfolio.
- Ensure that the Chief Executive Officer is kept informed of all major issues and developments within Touchstone.
- Create new revenue sources and grow the property management services business for Touchstone by marketing, networking and pursuing new contracts.
- Ensure that established receivable targets are reached and maintained, while ensuring financial stability of respective properties.
- Responsible for all required reports being submitted in an accurate & timely manner.
- Ensure that an adequate number of personnel are on site daily to meet tenant’s needs. Ensuring holidays are covered on an on-call basis.
- Work corporately and efficiently with CMHA departments as required to produce all necessary outcomes for management and all required reporting & submission of funder information of the affordable housing portfolio.
- Provide exceptional customer service to prospective tenants, vendors, co-workers, and all other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all newly hired staff receives an orientation to their assigned property, job tasks, quality requirements, and tenants service levels. Further ensures and that all assigned property personnel receive required continuing education and training.
- Ensure that all maintenance requests are done correctly and completed in the allotted time frame.
- Oversee and monitor assigned properties to insure that company policies and SOPs are followed to maintain standards for safety, quality, and overall company and tenant satisfaction.
- Ensure that each property location, its work areas, equipment, tools, buildings and grounds are maintained in gold standard condition at all times.
- Handle and resolve tenant complaints and inquiries in a timely and professional manner ensuring that a “win-win” solution results and that both the tenant and CMHA are satisfied with the outcome.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable, comply and enforce in a fair and equitable manner, all company operating and personnel policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure all financial data and reporting are produced accurately and timely including monthly financial packets and annual budgets.
- Keep respective developments in compliance with Regulatory Authority rules, Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program, etc.
- Ensure annual and interim recertification’s are processed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Responsible for creating and reviewing employee’s accountabilities.
- Maintain and demonstrate professional and technical knowledge by attending seminars, educational workshop training sessions; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies; becoming involved in community events and always representing the company in a positive professional manner.
- Approve and oversee any project improvements.
- Coach staff personnel to study and investigate areas such as quality improvement, cost reduction, method improvements, and equipment maintenance.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each competency satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a progressively responsible management positions;
- Minimum of five-years (5) experience in LIHTC affordable and multi-family property management, including direct supervision of others;
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills;
- Strong time management with the ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment;
- Proven track record for maintaining high occupancy and collection rates as well as working within budgetary restrictions;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Experience with affordable housing and Low-Income Tax Credit required; and
- Strong knowledge of PC-based computer applications for management reporting systems, e.g. Microsoft word, excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building maintenance and repair, building design and construction methods, and material and equipment requirements;
- Exceptional analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative; and
- Familiarity with Information Technology applications specifically relating to maintenance and inventory control.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, or related field;
- Must have at least eight (8) years of progressive management in a leadership role;
- Must have at least (8) years of property management experience;
- Will be required to become a certified Tax Credit Manager within six (6) months of employment; and
- Demonstrated experience in budget planning and administration.
CMHA offers a professional work environment along with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. To be considered applicants must submit resumes, applications and salary requirements.
For a full description of this and other CMHA job opportunities and to submit your resume and/or application, please visit our website at http://careers.cintimha.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Equal Housing Opportunities