Who We Are
DHA is a high performing, nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. As one of the largest landlords in the State of Colorado, DHA’s mission is to serve the residents of Denver by developing, owning, and operating safe, decent and affordable housing in a manner that promotes thriving communities.
This position provides independent, objective, assurance, and consulting services designed to add value and improve DHA operations. Helps DHA accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and government processes. Performs complex managerial and administrative work conducting research and interpreting all program documents and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”) regulations to ensure compliance for any property management or housing operation requirements to include all federal, state, and local laws. Acts as the intermediary between executive, senior, and middle-management leaders to develop and recommend policies and procedures to ensure DHA reinforces restrictions and improves and upholds the integrity of all programs. Assesses areas of compliance risk for the agency and collaborates with staff to effectively incorporate compliance functions throughout DHA’s business operations. This position will initially oversee a department of approximately four (4) staff. DHA is seeking someone who can help build the newly created Audit and Compliance Department and establish initial priorities, policies, and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university required.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university or college in accounting, business administration, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of audit, compliance, business analysis, or program evaluation experience, with at least three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in federal, state, or local government compliance required.
- Experience in HUD assisted housing programs preferred.
- Certified Internal Auditor preferred.
- Valid Colorado driver license is required. Maintains driving record in accordance with the Personnel Policy.
- A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement.
- Accrued paid sick leave (6 hours per month) and vacation leave (8 hours per month for new hires).
- 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
- Health insurance, 125 Plan, dental plan, critical illness, accident and vision insurance.
- Group life insurance, short term and long term disability paid by DHA.
- 401(a) pension plan paid entirely by DHA, participation in the 457 Deferred Compensation plan and the ROTH IRA is optional.
- Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are available depending upon current policy.
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
- by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
- by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com.
To learn more about DHA career opportunities and access the application, go to our website: www.denverhousing.org/careers