Fahrenheit Advisors is assisting our client, Richmond Redevelopment & Housing Authority, in the search for a Deputy Director of Human Resources to join their team. This position is based in RRHA's new downtown offices in Richmond, VA.
The Richmond Redevelopment & Housing Authority transforms the lives of families and communities in the belief that opportunity begins with living in a safe, affordable home. The Deputy Director of Human Resources is an integral part of RRHA’s mission and responsible for managing the comprehensive human resources program, including HR planning, policy development & interpretation, legal compliance, talent acquisition, and employee relations. The Deputy Director of Human Resources serves as an internal consultant to management, supports the Vice President of Human Resources and leads a team of four HR professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the recruiting process and develops strategies to attract, retain and effectively manage talent and improve morale.
- Advises supervisors and management on personnel needs and makes recommendations regarding personnel planning, procedures, and transactions.
- Manages and participates in administration of the Workmen's Compensation law, Fair Labor Standards Act, and other laws affecting the work force.
- Investigates employees' complaints and grievances; explains policies, procedures, rules, etc.; advises superiors in formal grievance procedures cases; advises management on labor relations. Assists the VP HR as needed with administration of the grievance policy.
- Meets with all levels of RRHA staff and officials to analyze, develop, and implement a wide variety of personnel programs. Disseminates information to employees about programs.
- Conducts semi-annual maintenance wage study including researching, compiling, and analyzing data to make salary recommendations
- Conducts position classification studies by scheduling and conducting job audits and formulating recommendations and/or class specifications.
- Assists in the development and/or coordination of training programs; participates in supervisory training, orientation, and in other training areas.
- Interprets personnel policies, procedures, and regulations to employees, supervisors, and managers. Counsels employees on work rules and job requirements.
- Responds to client inquiries about complex technical issues in a way that maximizes understanding
- Ensures the planned solution aligns with the client’s requirements
- Maintains effective client relationships, even during difficult times
- Encourages team members to continually look for opportunities to improve programs and services
- Guides team members in analyzing and evaluating the application of new methods, processes, procedures, tools, and/or techniques
- Coaches and motivates others to continuously expand their knowledge and learning
- Eager to develop self broadly, including skills needed for client and team leadership
Responsiveness and Accountability
- Has the courage to make and implement negative decisions
- Resolves issues across departments by seeking win-win solutions
Problem Solving and Analysis
- Anticipates organizational problems and strategies to counteract potential impact
- Coaches others on the analytical techniques and problem-solving methods
Program and Project Management
- Identifies and manages risks to the project by assessing potential risks and building contingencies into project plan
- Uses input from strategic analysis and other resources to develop departmental projects and/or program changes
- Sets the tone for the department in terms of direction, motivation, and inspiration to achieve highest project results
Strategic Capability and Leadership
- Sought out for expertise in functional area as well as overall business acumen
- Empowers others to deal with complex and ambiguous situations
- Achieves agreement or consensus in an adversarial environment
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with substantial course work in personnel or business administration, labor, or industrial relations, industrial or personnel psychology, public administration and government, or closely related areas.
Experience: Minimum five years’ experience in a diversified general personnel management program with increasing responsibilities including management experience and understanding of labor laws.
To apply please go to: https://jobs.crelate.com/portal/fahrenheitgroup/job/xy4nrzpm4ha5h3x1ygykh5t57r