SALARY: $87,830.00 - $107,592.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 10/13/22
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
HOW TO APPLY: Data Manager (Administrative Program Manager)
Please note this position is open until filled; however, to ensure consideration applications should be received by October 28, 2022, at 4:30 p.m.
Do you want to contribute to sound data management, data sharing, and applied research aimed at improving the lives of low-income residents in King County and beyond? Are you motivated to join a team guided by social equity and steering positive change?
The King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is recruiting for a Data Manager to join its Research and Evaluation (R&E) team. As part of the broader Social Impact Department at KCHA, the R&E team works in close coordination with KCHA’s program and policy teams to deepen our understanding of access and outcomes by conducting research, program evaluation, and data analysis. This position, reporting to the Director of Impact & Evaluation, will play a critical role in advancing the quality and security of administrative data, initiating new data partnerships, supporting data-driven decision making, and presents an exceptional opportunity to engage in meaningful, applied research on housing and social policy.
The King County Housing Authority
KCHA, a nationally recognized innovator in housing assistance programs, serves low-income households in King County that live outside the cities of Seattle or Renton. KCHA maintains a diversified real estate portfolio and close working partnerships with local communities and nonprofit organizations. It delivers affordable housing and related supportive services for more than 55,000 people, including programs that promote housing stability, increased access to education, improved health and well-being, workforce participation, and financial self-sufficiency. KCHA has over 400 staff members working across the county in field offices, at residential properties, and in its central office located in Tukwila.
The work associated with this position will be performed predominantly by teleworking, with onsite work and meetings as needed. Employees must reside in Washington State and within a reasonable distance to the Tukwila offices to attend in-person activities.
The Data Manager will:
- Conduct and oversee the production of data extractions, the preparation of data for analysis, and the scoping and execution of statistical analyses of agency and external data to inform agency programs, policies and research and evaluation projects.
- Develop, update, and implement the Data Management Plan; guide Authority on best practices for ensuring data quality, privacy protection, data security, and compliance with regulations for data-sharing activities; coordinate with Departments in strategies to their data handling; partner with the Administrative Department in co-leading the Authority’s Data Governance Committee.
- Lead initiatives to ensure the collection of high-quality data and report data quality metrics to intended stakeholders; identify and expand opportunities to collect valid and reliable new information from Authority residents.
- Scope, implement, and manage cross-sector data sharing agreements with partners from various sectors; develop and initiate research questions related to data collaboration.
- Oversee and create data reports, data visualizations, and other briefing materials to effectively convey findings and recommendations to intended stakeholders; provide consultation and analytic knowledge on making data-driven agency policies and strategies.
- Participate in meetings with internal and external stakeholders to provide assistance in data-driven agency strategies and processes; lead external partners in data collaborations as well as internal groups on a project-by-project basis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in applied mathematics, business analytics, data science, statistics, sociology, economics, or related field AND
- Considerable experience in quantitative data collection, management and analysis, administrative data sets OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and applications of data management, research, evaluation, statistical analysis, and project management; skill in quantitative and qualitative data collection, management, and analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, using analysis, experience, and perspective in solving problems or communicating decisions or actions.
- Values diversity and possesses an understanding of multicultural and cultural competencies; ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Effective interpersonal relations skills with the ability to work collaboratively to garner the trust, respect, and confidence from others; can be relied upon to achieve excellent results; ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A collaborative team member who is also a strong leader with well-developed organizational and time management skills; ability to develop effective working relationships; works cooperatively, exchanges ideas, and addresses issues in a constructive manner.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Understands technical aspects of the position and continuously builds knowledge, keeping up to date on the substantive and procedural aspects of the position.
- Proficiency using large administrative databases and Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; database software; statistical analysis software and programming languages (e.g., Stata and SQL).
- Familiarity with housing assistance programs, strategies to address homelessness, or related initiatives a plus.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the first day of employment or have an approved medical or religious exemption and reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualifying individuals if the accommodations do not present an undue hardship. More information can be found by clicking the following link, COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements.
- Consent to and pass required assessments.
- Consent to and pass criminal records background check.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses your interest in the position and how your experience and training qualify you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary range of this position is $87,830.00 - $107,592.00 annually. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, reduced tuition, and retirement benefits are also available.
Physical Work Environment:
This work requires the regular exertion of up to 10 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires sitting and using hands to finger, handle or feel, frequently requires speaking or hearing and repetitive motions and occasionally requires walking; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data; work has no exposure to environmental conditions.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.