The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (“DHA”) seeks an exceptional leader to advance DHA in its mission of affordable housing.
Who We Are
DHA is a high performing, nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. As one of the largest landlords in the State of Colorado, DHA’s mission is to serve the residents of Denver by developing, owning, and operating safe, decent and affordable housing in a manner that promotes thriving communities.
The Chief Operating Officer assists the Executive Director in advancing DHA’s mission. This position provides leadership in the development and implementation of the agency’s housing and community development goals, policies, and strategic initiatives. Oversees the administration of the agency’s public and assisted housing, mixed-income communities, Housing Choice Voucher (“HCV”) program, as well as its resident and community services initiatives. The Chief Operating Officer reports to the Executive Director, supervises approximately 295 staff and provides oversight for a budget of approximately $215 million.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Political Science, Finance, Urban Planning, Economics, Public Administration, or a related field is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
- At least ten (10) years’ public housing industry experience with five (5) years at an executive level of administrative or operational oversight in affordable housing and community development.
- Housing Choice Voucher Executive Management Certification, or equivalent.
- Public Housing Executive Management Certification, or equivalent.
- Must have the ability to earn certifications as required by assigned tasks.
- Strong ability to plan, develop and implement strategies, policies, and procedures to effectively organize and control all aspects of a public housing authority.
- Valid Colorado driver license is required. Maintains driving record in accordance with the Personnel Policy.
- Accrued paid sick leave (6 hours per month) and vacation leave (8 hours per month for new hires).
- 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
- Health insurance, 125 Plan, dental plan, critical illness, accident and vision insurance.
- Group life insurance, short term and long term disability paid by DHA.
- 401(a) pension plan paid entirely by DHA, participation in the 457 Deferred Compensation plan and the ROTH IRA is optional.
- Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are available depending upon current policy.
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
- by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
- by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com.
To learn more about DHA career opportunities and access the application, go to our website: www.denverhousing.org/careers
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.