SALARY:$52,779.00 - $64,654.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 07/06/22
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Effective December 1, 2021, the King County Housing Authority has instituted a COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Policy that requires all regular, part-time, and temporary employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of its workplace and community. Newly hired employees must provide proof to KCHA Human Resources after an offer of employment has been made and before their first day of employment that they are fully vaccinated. Individuals with a qualifying medical or religious reason may submit a request for exemption and reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualifying individuals if the accommodations do not present an undue hardship.
Please note this position is open until filled; however, to ensure consideration applications should be received by July 19, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Are you looking for more than just a job? Looking for an opportunity to be passionate about what you do while providing resources to your community? Do you have great attention to detail and enjoy providing exceptional customer service? And are you someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment? If so, this position may be for you!
King County Housing Authority is currently recruiting for a dedicated mission driven individual to fill our Assistant Property Manager position to support our Birch Creek portfolio in Kent, Washington.
The Assistant Property Manager will perform a variety of administrative duties related to the management of the Birch Creek portfolio. They will be responsible for ensuring that the property is operated in an efficient, cost effective manner while providing high quality, well maintained housing for the residents and/or tenants.
The successful candidate will be:
- Interfacing with applicants, residents, and neighbors;
- Performing annual reviews and rent calculations for residents;
- Conducting annual inspections, lease-enforcement, and compiling data for use in reports;
- Assisting with managing the operations as directed by the Senior Property Manager.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal organization is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. To learn more about KCHA and our Mission visit this link.
We transform lives through housing.
The Assistant Property Manger will:
- Prepare and manage certification schedule; process all certification types for submission to the appropriate internal or external partnerships.
- Manage, maintain, and execute records and files; sort, index, and file material according to company policy and procedures; destroy and delete files per company record retention schedule; handle administrative processes including purchasing, addressing accommodation and work order requests, aid on all other administrative needs as required.
- Coordinate, develop, and consult executive and managerial staff providing system-wide comprehensive training programs; instruct and advise staff at every level of site management.
- Receive tenant inquiries, complaints, and service requests and resolve them within the framework of established policies and procedures or forward them to appropriate party for disposition; prepare, post, and mail legal notices when violations occur.
- Conduct unit and property inspections to ensure compliance with all program requirements.
- Complete monthly financial narratives; prepare and analyze budget to ensure that property operates within budget restrictions.
- Manage and monitor delinquency for all property tenant accounts; address issues as needed or required.
- Create and manage a variety of legal notices to ensure that all residents maintain compliance with all lease restrictions; process evictions as requested or required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Associate's Degree AND
- Two years of relevant work experience in affordable housing, property management, or general management OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and maintain records (manual and electronic) and reports with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of complex affordable housing programs including HUD rental assistance, LIHTC, HOME and/or other applicable regulated housing programs and Authority policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, ensuring accuracy, multi-tasking, and handling interruptions appropriately; ensures assignments are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Communicates effectively and collaboratively with individuals, and internal and external organizations; applies effective written and oral communication techniques to convey clear and timely messages.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to develop effective working relationships; works cooperatively, exchanges ideas, and addresses issues in a constructive, collaborative manner.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities; responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives.
- Analyzes problems, identifies solutions, and articulates possibilities and recommendations; demonstrates critical, creative, and reflective thinking.
- Utilizes excellent time management and problem solving techniques, and use of professional judgment in complex situations; demonstrates strong project management skills.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the first day of employment or have an approved medical or religious exemption and reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualifying individuals if the accommodations do not present an undue hardship.
- Consent to and pass driver's and criminal record background check.
- Consent to and pass required assessments.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to travel to KCHA sites as required. Must have an acceptable driving record at time of appointment and throughout employment.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The salary range of this position is $52,779.00 - $64,654.00 annually and overtime-exempt. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are available.
Physical Work Environment:
This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires standing, sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitive motions, frequently requires walking and occasionally requires stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, tasting or smelling and pushing or pulling; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, using of measuring devices, operating machines, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work frequently requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions and exposure to the risk of electrical shock and occasionally requires wet, humid conditions (non-weather), working in high, precarious places, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals and exposure to bloodborne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.