The Assistant Director position will provide overall management of day-to-day operations and supervise the program managers overseeing County Housing programs. The position will also act on behalf of the Director when required and support a system-wide approach to program planning and decision-making.
The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of housing and human services systems, a passion for local government, prioritize problem solving and collaboration, and thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. Must have a team-oriented approach, extremely strong program design and management skills, a proven record of excellent customer service, and a desire to innovate. Applicants must have the ability to communicate effectively with Department Directors, County Administration, and the Board of Supervisors. Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with county staff, local officials, and community partners. This position will represent department management at county, regional, and state meetings. The successful candidate will have administrative, supervisory, program development, and leadership experience, as well as demonstrated success in human services innovation and organizational change efforts.
Requires experience working with a culturally diverse workforce and communities, and extensive human services knowledge. Additional responsibilities include a robust evaluation of program services to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal requirements.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Supervise the Housing Programs Manager, Housing Choice Voucher Program Manager, and Housing Finance & Development Administrator
- Provide leadership to ensure Department's goals are achieved; acts in Director's absence on all matters including personnel, budget, procurement, and questions and directives from the County Administrator, Board of Supervisors, and state and federal agencies.
- Assist with planning the short and long-term strategic direction of the Department.
- Assist with the development and review of program policies and procedures
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master's Degree in Housing, Social Work, Public or Business Administration, or related field and at least five (5) years related work experience, including (3) three years in a supervisory or management role, preferably in local government.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a style that emphasizes diplomacy and the willingness to seek reasonable solutions and facilitate problem solving.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to mentor staff and provide guidance on public reports, technical recommendations, and presentations.
- Ability to build strong relationships with County leadership, County agencies, external groups, and departmental staff.
- Attendance at early morning or evening meetings may be required.
Recruitment# 22-139-3767 Visit our on-line employment center at https://www.loudoun.gov/jobs for more information and to apply. EOE