The Housing Authority is seeking a team-oriented candidate to plan and manage the asset management function of the Housing Authority’s real estate portfolio including the housing assets owned by AHA’s affiliates. The Asset Manager conducts financial, physical and regulatory performance review; develops and monitors capital needs assessment programs; and reviews, recommends and implements financing or refinancing schemes at multi-family and tax credit properties, in addition to providing highly responsible and complex professional assistance to the Directors of Asset Management, Housing Development and Portfolio Management.
AHA is particularly interested in applications from candidates with a strong track record in various aspects of the affordable housing industry including finance, development/rehabilitation, management and related real estate issues with an emphasis on asset management and financial and regulatory analysis.
*The position may be hired at an Assistant level dependent on the selected candidate’s qualifications.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Education: Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university, and
- Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in various aspects of an affordable housing agency including finance, development/rehabilitation, management and related real estate issues with an emphasis on asset management financial and regulatory analysis.
- Knowledge of LIHTC and other affordable housing programs and compliance is required.
- Candidates should possess strong technical skills including proficiency in common business software and document retention systems; experience with Yardi and/or Laserfiche preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid driver’s license by time of appointment is required. Must be able to be insured under AHA’s owned automobile insurance policy.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
Final Filing Date: The position is open until filled.
To apply, submit a:
- Housing Authority Employment Application
- Resume (three pages maximum, include months/years of employment), and
- Responses to the supplemental questions (two pages maximum)
Your resume and supplemental questions must be in Word or pdf format and uploaded into the AHA employment application form. The AHA application form is located in the Working at AHA section of the Housing Authority’s website at: https://www.alamedahsg.org/working-with-aha/careers-at-aha/. The full job description and supplemental questions can be found here as well.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY VIA THE AHA WEBSITE
If you need a reasonable accommodation under the American with Disabilities Act, please contact the Housing Authority office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Housing Authority of the City of Alameda is an
Equal Opportunity / ADA Employer