Home Forward is currently seeking an Applications Support Analyst is an integral position in Home Forward’s Application Team supporting our application users and assisting the team with delivering solutions to our staff, residents, and program participants. The position supports Home Forward in the following ways: Responds to user inquiries including software errors, process and report inquiries, set up and change of users, permissions and other system items, report creation and modification requests, and other application related inquiries. The position satisfies many of these inquiries through knowledge and research of the system and appropriately escalates others to the other team members, the network team, of the software vendor.
The position also assists the team in projects such as implementations of process change and new implementations as outlined in the Essential Duties and by utilizing any additional skills they bring or would want to develop to our team.
Three key organizational values that underpin this position are:
1. We show respect for the people we serve and each other through patience, compassion, and a belief that we’re all doing our best.
2. We are a group of staff and volunteers that loves working together, across boundaries of roles, titles, and departments. We take time to build relationships and support each other.
3. We invest ongoing time and energy to learn about racism and systemic inequities. We are honest with ourselves about how we participate in these injustices, and we work to correct them.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
1. Primary application support and administration for our Yardi Voyager enterprise software.
2. End user support and resolution for enterprise software.
3. Create and administer application training in coordination with the Talent and Organizational Development Department and create supporting documentation for training guides and courses.
4. Apply, implement, monitor, and communicate best practices for application and user security.
5. Provide support triage and escalation to the rest of the applications team.
6. Provide basic project management for larger projects.
7. Assist with and document software development in QA (Quality Assurance).
8. Participate in ongoing professional and personal learning in support of Home Forward’s anti-racist efforts.
9. Participate in ongoing professional and personal learning and development related to current and aspirational positions.
10. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
To see the full job description and online application form (required): CLICK HERE
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
To protect the health of the community and employees, effective November 19, 2021, Home Forward requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption as a qualification of employment.
This position is represented by AFSCME Local 3135 that is currently remote. It will close on May 31, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
This position starts at $27.70 per hour and Home Forward has wonderful and competitive benefits.
While currently remote, this position may transition into a hybrid-work model and will be located at:
Home Forward - New Market West
135 SW Ash Street
Portland, OR 97204
Education & Experience Guidelines
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant.
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
Three years of increasingly responsible work experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software administration or support.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions:
Combination of office setting and telework based in Oregon or Washington. Some travel needed to attend meetings or training.
Incumbents require sufficient mobility to work in an office setting.
Vision sufficient to read and write on a computer, tablet, or phone screen.
Supervision Received or Exercised:
Receives supervision from the Information Technology Applications Manager
Please apply by following this link: CLICK HERE