SALARY: $27.00 - $33.07 Hourly
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
HOW TO APPLY: Accounting Technician - Tenant Accounting
This position is open until filled; however, to ensure consideration, applications should be received by Thursday, December 29, 2022.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is currently recruiting for an Accounting Technician to work in the Finance Department located in Tukwila, Washington.
We are currently recruiting for a talented and experienced Accounting Technician to join the team. As a critical component in achieving the mission of the Authority, our Finance Department is committed to working collaboratively across the agency to ensure that timely and accurate financial data is available whenever needed to support all housing programs and opportunities.
KCHA is the largest provider of affordable housing in the Pacific Northwest and a nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. To learn more about KCHA and our Mission visit this link.
The Accounting Technician is responsible for a variety of accounting functions including Accounts Receivable and General Ledger processes. Knowledge and experience in accounting will be important as this individual will be responsible for:
- Post tenant payments and return items coming from multiple payment options.
- Reconcile tenant payments to General Ledger and to bank cash totals.
- Research tenant account issues-missing payments, payments posting for incorrect amounts, etc.
- Make deposits via remote banking; make deposits at off-site bank.
- Timely communication with Property Management and outside partners.
- Serve as Travel Coordinator.
- Serve as main backup for General Ledger transaction posting.
- Participate in ongoing training and cross training opportunities.
- Provide backup for other Accounting Technicians as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- High School Diploma or GED AND
- Three (3) years of experience working with accounting data OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates experience maintaining records (manual and electronic) and performing data entry with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Understands technical aspects of the position by keeping up-to-date on the technical and procedural aspects.
- Ability to interpret and explain applicable state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to think critically and creatively to interpret data and make conclusions; will question and search for answers; evaluates ideas and information and develops ideas that lead to action.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, ensuring accuracy, multi-tasking, and handling interruptions appropriately; ensuring assignments are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Clearly and effectively communicates both verbally and in writing by actively listening and sharing relevant information.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to place a high priority on professional excellence and manage stress appropriately.
- Exercises independent judgment using analysis, experience, and perspective in solving problems or communicating decisions or actions.
- Values diversity and possesses an understanding of multicultural and cultural competencies; ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A collaborative team member with ability to develop effective working relationships; works cooperatively, exchanges ideas, and addresses issues in a constructive manner.
- Demonstrates flexibility and openness to change and commitment to continuous improvement as part of a dynamic work environment; ability to handle multiple interruptions.
- Proficiency using MS Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, database software, and other analytical software programs.
- Consent to and pass required assessments.
- Consent to and pass credit and criminal records background check.
- Position will require occasional travel off-site for KCHA business needs.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary range of this position is $27.00-$33.07 per hour (dependent upon qualifications). Performance based merit increase opportunities and COLAs are reviewed on an annual basis. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, reduced tuition, and retirement benefits are also available.
Physical Work Environment
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Incumbents frequently use standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment. Work entails high volume processing with tight deadlines. The incumbent will occasionally travel off-site on behalf of the Agency to complete banking responsibilities.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.