SALARY: $66,163.39 - $80,000.00 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 07/22/21 04:30 PM
The Senior Development Analyst will be supporting the Development and Asset Management teams in planning, organizing, and managing housing development projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will work closely with the Development Director to ensure that real estate development projects are completed professionally, on time and within budget. Work may include a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities such as project accounting, reporting to lenders and investors, preparing funding applications, assisting with acquisition and financial closings, overseeing the transition from development into directing real estate transactions, and coordinating feasibility studies for future development projects.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal organization is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. To learn more about KCHA and our Mission visit this link.
- Oversees project accounting for all active development projects. Assists in preparation of development budgets, tracking expenditures and reporting on budget to actual performance. Manages payment application process with vendors and contractors involved in development projects and interacts with KCHA's accounting department on the proper coding and payment of invoices. Prepares monthly and quarterly reports of development activities. Works closely with the Asset Management Department to coordinate the financial closeout of development projects including audits and final cost certifications.
- Assists with:
- Preparation and submission of funding applications to local, county, state and federal funders;
- Preparation of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit applications and Requests for proposals from investors;
- Putting together complex tax-exempt bond transactions, including public offerings;
- Responding to the due diligence requirements of lenders and investors and other activities that may be required prior to closing on financing.
- Works with Development and Asset Management teams to coordinate the feasibility studies of new property acquisitions and new development opportunities, including procurement of consulting services, scheduling of consultants and filing of reports.
- Collaborates with the asset managers throughout the development process to insure their input is received on operating budgets, rents, scope of construction, scheduling and lease up projections. Oversees the transition from development to asset management ensuring that all necessary information is transferred to asset managers to ensure a smooth transition.
- Assists asset managers in the oversight and management of projects in KCHA's tax credit portfolio.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's Degree AND
- Three years of experience with real estate finance, project accounting, project management, contract administration, OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analyzes problems, identifies alternative solutions, and implements recommendations; demonstrates critical, creative, and reflective thinking.
- Applies effective written and verbal communication techniques to convey clear and timely messages to internal and external stakeholders; listens to people's ideas and concerns.
- Ability to navigate and negotiate with internal and external department leaders, partners, and vendors to develop priorities, timelines, and relationships.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities; responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values.
- Work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and educationally diverse populations; values diversity; treats others with respect.
- Proficiency with MS Office to include Word and Outlook.
- Strong aptitude for using analytical tools such as Excel.
- Promotes cooperation, collaboration, and contributes as a team member; appreciates and leverages the strengths of others to accomplish goals.
- Consent to and pass a criminal records background check.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary range of this position is $66,163.39 - $80,000 annually. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, reduced tuition, and retirement benefits are also available.
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with occasional travel to meetings. The incumbent frequently uses standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment and may drive a vehicle on Authority business.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Senior Development Analyst | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)