$92,313.64 - $107,891.57 Annually
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Effective December 1, 2021, the King County Housing Authority has instituted a COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Policy that requires all regular, part-time, and temporary employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of its workplace and community. Newly hired employees must provide proof to KCHA Human Resources after an offer of employment has been made and before their first day of employment that they are fully vaccinated. Individuals with a qualifying medical or religious reason may submit a request for exemption and reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualifying individuals if the accommodations do not present an undue hardship.
This position is open until filled; however, to ensure consideration applications should be received by January 4, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal organization, is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. KCHA provides innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest housing provider in the county, and annually, the agency serves over 55,000 low-income individuals.
We transform lives through housing.
The Senior Construction Project Manager (SCPM) will plan and develop capital projects for KCHA's asset managed inventory. This is advanced professional construction project management work that oversees and directs construction for new construction, renovations, remodeling, and retrofitting projects for the Authority. This is the senior level position in the professional project management class, which has responsibility over larger, more complex or politically sensitive projects, and/or a larger portfolio of smaller projects. The individual in this role may have additional expertise and acts as a technical resource to provide technical approvals and quality assurance to planning and specification work. The SCPM leads in all areas of project development and implementation and is responsible for the successful completion of the projects. Work relies on extensive technical knowledge, experience, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
This work will include development of initial project scope and budget, and the selection of the professional services (architects, engineers) necessary for design and implementation of the projects. Typically projects will be carried out in occupied buildings.
This individual will assist the Capital Construction Program Manager and Director of Asset Management with preparation of the annual capital plan and the Five-Year Capital/Strategic Plan. The incumbent will track progress of all projects in the annual plan, focusing on schedule and cost factors, to identify needed adjustments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's Degree AND
- Five years of experience in construction project management, construction supervision or construction contract administration OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of capital construction project management and contract administration; principles and practices used in various building construction craft areas; building construction plans and specifications; and principles and practices of comprehensive needs assessment programs for public housing.
- Supervisory experience and effective supervisory skills to include coaching and mentoring to support employees in achieving Authority and individual goals; demonstrated ability to provide strong leadership in a dynamic, highly regulated work environment.
- Clearly and effectively communicates both verbally and in writing by actively listening and sharing relevant information.
- Ability to explain complex or technical information regarding rules, rights, regulations, policies, procedures, programs, or services to answer questions, resolve problems, communicate decisions or actions.
- Understands technical aspects of the position and continuously builds knowledge, keeping up-to-date on the technical or procedural aspects of the position.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Uses critical, creative, and reflective thinking skills to identify problems, analyze and evaluate various solutions, implement solutions, and monitor their effectiveness; ability to analyze data and resolve problems; exercises sound professional judgment.
- Establishes and nurtures relationships with stakeholders, regularly inviting feedback and suggestions; works cooperatively with others as an active member of a team.
- Effectively organizes multiple assignments, sometimes of a complex nature or involving competing priorities, to produce work products that are accurate, thorough and on time.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities; responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the first day of employment or have an approved medical or religious exemption and reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualifying individuals if the accommodations do not present an undue hardship.
- Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background check.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and own or have access to a vehicle to regularly travel between work sites, or have an alternative reliable mode of transportation.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary range of this position is $92,313.64 - $107,891.57 annually. The salary range maximum for this opportunity is $123,469.49 which a successful employee can earn over time through annual review and merit. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, reduced tuition, and retirement benefits are also available.
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and may require occasional travel to work sites. Office equipment used includes computer software such as word-processing, spreadsheet, database, project scheduling, and computer aided drafting. Site visits may be conducted in a variety of weather conditions and the employee is likely to encounter unsanitary and/or unsafe conditions at the construction site. Safety equipment such as a hard hat, goggles, and safety shoes may be worn. Drives a vehicle to and from work sites in a variety of weather conditions.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.