Are you excited by the opportunity to manage simple to complex projects, programs, and initiatives in the Housing Choice Voucher Program. Do you have a passion for using data to inform both process improvement efforts and program design within a large Housing Authority? Are you ready to collaborate with key stakeholders and individuals who are passionate about improving outcomes for low-income clients? If so, KCHA's Housing Choice Voucher Department may be the place for you.
This position will report to the Director of Housing Choice Vouchers. The ideal candidate will have both a solid academic background and significant experience working in program evaluation and implementation. They must be adept at helping others understand why and how data can be most helpful to them in operating programs. In addition, this person's vision, deep commitment to low income housing, inclination toward continuous improvement, and her/his/their client-centered focus will assist in more fully integrating this function into and throughout the department.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is the largest provider of affordable housing in the Pacific Northwest and a nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. To learn more about KCHA and our Mission visit this link.
- Designs and develops programs and work methods; prioritizes program goals objectives and develops outcome measures to evaluate initiatives for consistency with Housing Authority mission and priorities.
- Gathers data and prepares reports; provides guidance to staff on the interpretation of policies and administrative plans, evaluates impacts on the Authorities operations; develops and recommends policies and recommendations for implementation; develops timelines and steps to ensure compliance.
- Develops measures and evaluates significant programs including plans, work processes, systems and procedures to achieve annual goals, objectives and work standards and plans.
- Represents the Housing Authority on highly visible and sensitive issues before internal and external constituencies; manages and promotes relationships with significant external customers. Serves as a technical expert or key contributor involving independent decision making. Explains and interprets program requirements to staff.
- May assist with development and manage annual budgets and work plans including staffing levels; may make appropriate procurement decisions and analyze program budget periodically to ensure the effective use of funds.
- May supervise or provide lead direction to assigned staff; interviews, selects, assigns work, trains and evaluates or provides input to evaluation of staff; monitors performance and provides coaching for staff development; recommends disciplinary action to address performance deficiencies, and recommends merit increases to the director. Ensures outstanding customer service is delivered by all staff.
- Designs and oversees the production of program reports to Executive Director, Board of Commissioners and department director. Prepares statistical and operational records and reports.
- Facilitates agreements between departments and contractors; notifies contracting authorities on noncompliance; provides guidance to Housing Authority employees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's Degree AND
- A minimum of five years of experience with housing programs (low income housing, public housing and/or housing choice vouchers), program management, program evaluation demonstrating the ability to develop, plan, and execute projects OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of affordable housing policy and research and/or knowledge of related social policy arenas such as homelessness, health, education, or other areas.
- Experience supervising staff including coaching, mentoring, and providing strong leadership in a dynamic work environment.
- Experience conducting or leading program assessments.
- Experience translating program evaluation findings into improvements to current program effectiveness or future program development.
- Experience managing external evaluators conducting program evaluation activities.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with analytic software programs such as Stata, Tableau, and/or GIS; proficiency with MS Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and database software.
- Applies effective written and verbal communication techniques to convey clear and timely messages to internal and external stakeholders; listens to others' ideas and concerns; has exceptional public speaking skills.
- Values and contributes to a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity, equity and inclusion; treats others with respect; promotes cooperation.
- Analyzes problems, identifies alternative solutions, and implements recommendations; demonstrates critical, creative, and reflective thinking.
- Establishes and nurtures relationships with internal and external stakeholders, regularly inviting feedback and suggestions; works cooperatively with others as an active member of a team.
- Works effectively and efficiently to provide quality service to satisfy service expectations; seeks ways to improve service delivery; demonstrates strong program management skills.
- Takes responsibility for own work performance and balancing critical job requirements, initiating and completing work; manages time/conflict/stress; ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities; responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values.
- Collaborative team player that is at ease working with multiple and diverse stakeholders and who brings enthusiasm, curiosity, humility, and humor to their work.
- Consent to and pass a criminal records background check.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary range of this position is $87,501.08 - $102,266.89 annually. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, reduced tuition, and retirement benefits are also available.
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Incumbents frequently use standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment. Work entails high volume processing with tight deadlines.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.